Customsteve01 and I paid a visit to Seadog in Fort Worth, Texas

picky

Verna and I decided to take a road trip from Detroit down to Fort Worth, Texas this past week to see Customsteve01 and his wife, Caroline. While we were there, we all hooked up with fellow Klipschter, Seadog, who also lives in the Dallas/Forth Worth area. We all met for dinner at an awesome Mexican restaurant. Afterwards, we followed Seadog and his wife, Annie over to their beautiful home. We sat out on their gorgeous patio and watched game 3 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Following that, we went inside to listen to some of Seadog's amazing Klipsch equipment. Thank you so very much to Seadog and Annie for welcoming us all into your beautiful home! What a wonderful time we had: Just another of many great Klipsch forum member experiences! -Glenn

In photo, from left: Picky, Caroline, Verna and Customsteve01

post-10177-1381985584844_thumb.jpg

that had to cost a small fortune in gas. but hey, good friends make up for it.

gorgeous patio is an understatement

Budman: Yep, the fuel was a bit pricey (worst was in Michigan at $4.18/gallon for 87 octane) but it was well worth it to see everyone! -Glenn

how long did that take one way

Budman: It was about 1,245 miles and driving time was around 18 hours over two days. On the way down, we spent the first night in Jackson, TN after one Hell of a rainstorm. On the way back, we drove up to Marion, Illinois to spend the first night on our way home. We had business in the Marion area. The second day we drove to Detroit via Indianapolis, where we stopped to have dinner with fellow Klipschter, Indyklipschfan and his kids. It was great to see them again! Our 2005 Ford Freestyle crossover has AWD and still got about 22 MPG, which isn't bad for a 4,000 pound vehicle with the A/C on the whole time. -Glenn

Glenn, good to hear that you and Verna made it safely back home.

Annie and I really enjoyed visiting with the two of you and Steve and Caroline. It was great that we were able to hook up for a few hours and relax with a margarita or two.

David

• 2 weeks later...

David: You and Annie have a beautiful home and you are both wonderful hosts. Thanks so much for everything! Here's a shot of "The Three Amigos" at dinner while waiting for our table:

From left: Picky, Customsteve01 and Seadog.

post-10177-13819856432232_thumb.jpg

I agree... Great photo's...

Where were you dinning in the last photo's?

Boxx: We ate at Mariano's La Hacienda Ranch near Dallas. Mariano is the original inventor of the frozen margarita. -Glenn

I agree... Great photo's...

Where were you dinning in the last photo's?

Boxx: We ate at Mariano's La Hacienda Ranch near Dallas. Mariano is the original inventor of the frozen margarita. -Glenn
Thanks Glenn, I've never been one to turn down a margarita.