OPPO -- Roku Question

Gilbert

Does anybody use their OPPO unit with the Roku streaming stick option?

Is there any need or benefit to using the Roku option if the unit is hardwired via an Ethernet connection? I couldn't find a reason to adding the Roku option, and ordered the 105 yesterday, and now I'm second guessing myself.

I got the streaming stick option with mine. The oppo has 8 apps (vudu,netflix,pandora,youtube,etc.) that will be available with an ethernet Or wireless connection. The Roku streaming stick connects wirelessly only (via the front port only) and has around 800 channels available, both subscription and free. Amazon instant video was my main reason for getting the Roku as it's not available thru the oppo.

On a side note, the streaming stick sticks straight out about 3" so if your putting the oppo in an enclosed cabinet as I did, I recommend getting an HDMI angle adapter thru Monoprice.

THANK YOU!! and yes, it's going to be enclosed. I included the remote IR sensor for this reason. Netflix is one of the reasons I bought another OPPO, my old 95 didn't allow for Netflix, but I like that unit so much I opted for another, newer unit.

I'll research the offerings for Amazon instant video, and then decide on the Roku. Thanks again for your help.

You're welcome[:)] Amazon video is included with an Amazon Prime subscription. It's like 78.00 bux for an annual subscription. I believe there is a 30 day free trial.

Congrats on the 105, it's a great unit!

Enjoy!

just in case, make sure you get the 270 degree adapter and not the 90

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10419&cs_id=1041913&p_id=3850&seq=1&format=2

I've been looking for an excuse to get a 105 because niether my Ps3 or dennon 4311

will play my high resolution 192KHz music files are you guys real happy with those units??

also looking at the back of the 105 do you connect your amp to the OppO? i see there is

connections for a 7.1 configuration

Extremely happy with mine. I connect mine thru my pre/pro and not direct to the amp.I know many do connect directly (per AVS forum) and have great things to say. I believe Mongo is connected direct.

I'm connected via HDMI for BR movies and also via the 7.1 analog outs to the MC inputs on my Onkyo for MC music. The dedicated stereo XLR outs are in use as well for streaming music from the PC to the USB DAC.

Looks like your 4311CI has MC inputs so you could connect either way.

I've been looking for an excuse to get a 105 because niether my Ps3 or dennon 4311

will play my high resolution 192KHz music files are you guys real happy with those units??

also looking at the back of the 105 do you connect your amp to the OppO? i see there is

Any excuse is a good excuse to get a 105. The sun came up today, better get a 105.

I'm extremely happy with mine. It is one very well-built machine. Customer Service goes above and beyond.

I connect my 105 directly to my amp. No muss, no fuss. I will only be using 5.1. But, it does go to 7.1. It has inputs for entering distances for each speaker and adjust the trims individually.

I love my OPPO, it's the 83SE, not the 95 that I mistakenly mentioned earlier, sorry. It's been a good reliable unit, and still performs flawlessly. I like the unit so much that I elected to stick with the OPPO brand even though their a bit pricey. The old 83 will be going into the kid's game room, so I can get them out of my HT room. I'm tired of digging out gummy bears from under the sofa cushions and touching a sticky remote. No Mas!!!

Will be connecting the 5.1 lossless outputs directly to an amp, and use the remote trigger.

I love my OPPO, it's the 83SE, not the 95 that I mistakenly mentioned earlier, sorry. It's been a good reliable unit, and still performs flawlessly. I like the unit so much that I elected to stick with the OPPO brand even though their a bit pricey. The old 83 will be going into the kid's game room, so I can get them out of my HT room. I'm tired of digging out gummy bears from under the sofa cushions and touching a sticky remote. No Mas!!!

Will be connecting the 5.1 lossless outputs directly to an amp, and use the remote trigger wire.