colonel claypool's bucket of bernie brains

The Dude

Anybody ever check these guys out, I have their only studio album The Big Eyeball in the Sky. Its a album full of great bass, organs, and guitar riffs. If you haven't checked it out I recommend it. Its one of Les Claypool's creation, I would love to find more music like this, it sounds very good loud.

No doubt Les is super talented. He's also very entertaining and worth a listen. I mostly hear his stuff at concerts or multi artist events. I have not bought his stuff but I do enjoy some of it.

When I was googleing his name to make sure I spelled it right, it took me to Wikipedia. So I was doing a little reading on the man, and I must say his portfolio of projects was quite impressive. He had produced with many bands at least one if not 2 or 3 albums every year since 1988, and just releasing albums from Primus back in 21012. You could say he's a busy man.

I have been listening to this particular group from him since the album came out, I was trying find a old post were Thebes was looking for new music. I think this one he would like as it features funk keyboardist Bernie Worrell from Parliament-Funkadelic. Its good stuff I am thinking of it right now which I am getting to get off here go play it.

Love all of Claypool's stuff. Seen him a few times. Totally oddball but excellent. Love Primus as well. [Y] Have lots of his recordings. Streamed Primus when he played at this year's Mountain Jam up in Hunter, N.Y. Not only odd ball mmusic, but fantastic odd ball video backgrounds to go with it.

Also look for Colonel Claypool's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade..........Saw them in their first lineup at the House of Blues in downtown Disney around 2000 I think???.....walked in and they were all wearing crazy costumes playing "Shine on you crazy diamond".......with their saxophone player....."Skerik" playing through a peavey guitar half stack and BLOWING MY MIND.... never seen a better sax player before or since......SKERIK..[Y]......The Frog Brigade has had a lot of different players in the group....I liked their first lineup....Drummer and keyboardist from RatDog....have to look up their names.....Todd Huth on guitar......Claypool on bass and Skerik on sax.........Amazing band...[8]

check out his performance on Gov't Mule's "The deepest end" album when they had guest bass players after Woody's death. Greasy Granny's Gopher Gravy is a great song! Claypool does a great vocal ..and of course, Haynes and Abts are always in great form!