absolutv

So the time finally came..

What I replaced...

That one speaker looks anorexic, lol.

So the time finally came..

What I replaced...

That one speaker looks anorexic, lol.

Yep. Glad to finally not have to listen to those damn things anymore lol

Immediately realized I'm going to need to upgrade the receiver sooner than I had hoped. It just doesn't seem to have the juice to drive these.

If your receiver has pre-outs, you can keep your current receiver and add an external amp.

Immediately realized I'm going to need to upgrade the receiver sooner than I had hoped. It just doesn't seem to have the juice to drive these.

If your receiver has pre-outs, you can keep your current receiver and add an external amp.

first post was about his avr not having pre outs so that is his next upgrade I'm sure

first post was about his avr not having pre outs so that is his next upgrade I'm sure

Oops. Oldtimers kickin in I suppose.[:$]

Other than audyssey what do you guys use to tune everything? It's hard to find a song or movie/video that plays certain sounds long enough to calibrate everything

I don't have that fancy Audessey thingy everyone uses as a crutch! [*-)]

I got me an SPL meter from RS and use test tones from my OPPO to set the trims, distance and size of the speaker. [;)]

I think when you first get a new avr and especially when you are new in this hobby , use Auddysee or MCACC and just listen to things for a few week You have to listen to a lot of material to get a good handle on how things sound and how they should sound before you can tweak a system effectively. Heck, I am still learning things about tweaking the system.

Remember that the 82s are rear ported and like to be pulled away from the wall a bit.

Just ditched my Onkyo 707 because of HDMI issues and went with Pioneer SC-1222K. Has RCA outs for all channels. Class D amps as well. Costco has a special on them online for $479 delivered.

I believe Emotiva is shutting down the Sherbourn line and hence offering very deep discounts on some very good products. It's 49$ over your limit, but check out this one Sherbourn SR-8100.

I knew they had some cheap stuff, but I'm surprised at some of the prices on those products. Too bad most are sold out. 400$ for a 2,000$ processor seems ridiculous and too good to be true.