need some opinions guys.....

Scrappydue

ok so now that my basement is done me and the wife rarely watch movies upstairs. so i feel like the surround sound is a huge waste of money. i think i wanna move to just 2.1 upstairs, so i have been looking all over at different towers as bookshelves are not wanted with a 2 year old. well the more and more i look around the more i get confused on what i want. im good with my sub in here so dont need crazy full range speakers. id like to stay clear of black as that is just boring to me. i bought the icon w for the finish but after getting the bookshelves ive realized how terrible the differences are between them. my bookshelves are actually espresso the whole home theater i so dark they just seem black. so i just want some others opinions.

i think i wanna move to just 2.1 upstairs, so i have been looking all over at different towers as bookshelves are not wanted with a 2 year old. well the more and more i look around the more i get confused on what i want. im good with my sub in here so dont need crazy full range speakers.

Hey,

If you want to be a traitor like Youthman[:P], you can pick up these.[Y]

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/for/3991062147.html

00h0h_hD4DwWT5VQR_600x450.jpg

Nice finish. Oops, just realized the finish is vinyl.

00404_6pniCHvjJ79_600x450.jpg

Bill

you can have tons of fun here! the hunt is fun especially when its for used. You can almost always break even for resale and you can get what you like! I have my pair of quartets that are begging for a refinish.......i can't wait. Muhahahhahahahahahahaha. Try a pair of maggies! I have been wanting to hear some goldenear too. So many options, SQUEEEEE

i have been looking at bowers and wilkins. also have looked at golden ear. they make some nice speakers. have only heard the 3,000 ones and they are awesome but more than i need and way more than i want to spend. i have thought long and hard about maggies as i love the 1.7's but i dont want something that damn big and that has to be out 4 feet from the wall to sound good. if im gonna go that big i might as well look for some used khorns. lol speaking of those there is a pair by me but the guy never emails me back when i ask about price on em

i think i wanna move to just 2.1 upstairs, so i have been looking all over at different towers as bookshelves are not wanted with a 2 year old. well the more and more i look around the more i get confused on what i want. im good with my sub in here so dont need crazy full range speakers.

Hey,

If you want to be a traitor like YouthmanStick out tongue, you can pick up these.Yes

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/for/3991062147.html

00h0h_hD4DwWT5VQR_600x450.jpg

Nice finish. Oops, just realized the finish is vinyl.

00404_6pniCHvjJ79_600x450.jpg

Bill

bill I emailed this guy them went to show my wife and the add magically deleted by the author. I hate when people don't delete their shit after and don't have the courtesy to email back and just say sold!

Ok so the wife ok'ed some Cornwalls but NOT the ones in the basement. So I need help from all of you in finding a pair. She said she prefers walnut but I'd take cherry or walnut.

Why not the ones in the basement? CL will be your best shot. Ebay has a few nice pairs

not sure. But would you complain if your wife wanted you to buy more rf-7's?

A sleek pair of Golden Ears, Paradigm and Kef with the litte thing on top speakers would make for a nice 2.0 setup Can we talk about other brands on the forum, he he. A nice size woofer or two will come in handy for a 2.0 system. If space is not a problem the Cornwall or a pair of Chorus are a great choice. Have funny searching Scrappydue!

A sleek pair of Golden Ears, Paradigm and Kef with the litte thing on top speakers would make for a nice 2.0 setup Can we talk about other brands on the forum, he he. A nice size woofer or two will come in handy for a 2.0 system. If space is not a problem the Cornwall or a pair of Chorus are a great choice. Have funny searching Scrappydue!

Finding the right pair was not easy for me. Someone who babied their corns will in most cases not part with them. And if they do they will want top dollar. I paid 1250 for mine. Put in new xovers, upgraded the tweets and cant stop smiling. Amazing full range speakers. They have no weakness that i can hear

Yeah I just saw both of those pair. Well as much as I want Cornwalls up there I'm not sure i want to spend 1200$ on a pair. Problem is I have the ones downstairs and they are mint and I only payed 450 from the original owner too. I prolly won't ever find a deal like that again. Oh well I'll be patient. Lots of other stuff to sell first if I am gonna do heritage in the living room.