whew!

I was listening to Black Sabbath (paranoid) and some other classic albums and my heart sank. Lots of distortion coming out of the top end in both speakers - I've listened pretty loudly in the past and thought I damaged some diaphragms. I decided to listen to some of the tracks this morning with headphones and it turns out the issue is with my source material and the RF-5's were just accurately presenting that garbage. whew.

• Like 1

Some of those old albums were pretty piss-poor in recording quality. That is why I cannot really listen to them anymore. Seems that many of these newr albums from these smaller, independent labels that I listen to now-a-days are actually very well recorded. Seems these guys actually care about recording quality and not trying to make it sound good on the radio.

you know... I am not arguing, but I have run into more recent release LP's that are worse than a lot of the older original release versions.... specially the so called 180 gram releases these days. many of them suck!