The free ride is over for HT

derrickdj1

Well my wife talked me into moving the RF 7 system to the basement. She said I can have the whole thing as a man cave. First the LFE have dramatically decreased and the system is drawing a lot more power to acheive the same spl that I had in the old location. My power console use to average around 360 and now it is 440 watt and the mains and center channel levels went from -9 to -7.5. The basement is fully carpeted and most of the ceiling are drop tiles. Lot of absortion of the deep bass. The open area is around 1300 Sq ft.

The good new is I put 2 dedicated 15 amp ciruit for the HT and I can really space the RF 7's out which is necessary to get away from the horns. Well, I have some work to do to get the room the shaped up.The good thing is the clarity of the system. time to put these amps to work finally[:S].

I have beeen doing some back breaking today, lol. Moving the subs around and co-locating them I found a good spot in the right front corner with them stacked. I was sitting in a null region or had lots of cancellation. This is much better, the bass is back. I also came up with an ideal not to cut in to wall for running the wiries via the drop ceiling, a long piece of PVC pipe with a T attachment above the ceiling to bring the wires in from two directions, he he. I went from FH and now back to FW moving things around,Miller time!. See you gents on the other side of the new forum and have a great week![H]

Oh, I will paint the PVC blue, lol.

• 3 weeks later...

The 7's are symmetrical withing a few inches. It just does not showup in the pic with the SS.181's stacked. I got the big sub since most of the basement is open. It will be a job getting it downstairs without damage,lol. I will need to level match it to the other subs since the distance to the LP will be vastly different to prevent localization. The new one will go in the back.

I have beeen doing some back breaking today, lol. Moving the subs around and co-locating them I found a good spot in the right front corner with them stacked. I was sitting in a null region or had lots of cancellation. This is much better, the bass is back. I also came up with an ideal not to cut in to wall for running the wiries via the drop ceiling, a long piece of PVC pipe with a T attachment above the ceiling to bring the wires in from two directions, he he. I went from FH and now back to FW moving things around,Miller time!. See you gents on the other side of the new forum and have a great week![H]

Oh, I will paint the PVC blue, lol.

If the screen wall is non-insulated interior wall you may be able to get inside the wall above the tiles between two studs. Cut a hole behind the receiver the size of a 1 gang 'old work' low voltage box and fish the wires through pretty easily. A string with a nut or other weight tied to it is easy to grab with a cloths hanger and use the string to pull all your wires at once.

I got the SS 18.2 since it was on sale and I really don't want 4 locations for the subs. Four location is optimal but, two locations is close enough for me and the rest is up to MCACC. I just finished setting up the new sub. and level matched the SS 18.1's to the SS 18.2. The gain is higher on the new sub since it is only 1/2 spaced and near an interior wall. Less boudry and room gain due to location. But, I have to work with what I have for a room.

WakeJunkie, the wires will be the last thing I do, just in case something may need to be moved to another location, as far as, the subs and speakers go. Time for some fun testing :) .