Incoming RF-7ii's

quakana

They are in Buffalo headed for me and due to arrive Thursday or Friday. I currently own (for 10+ years) a pair of Synergy KLF-10.5's

So.....tell me what I'm in for :)

Good question, the KLF-10.5's you have are no toys either.

I wonder if the difference would be huge...never owned anything "big" before my own pair of RF7-II's + RC64-II

The time of your life!

Congratulations, you are going to be in Heaven! green.gif

What gear are you going to be using with these fine speakers?

Welcome to the Klipsch Forums Quakana, we're glad you are here! drinkingcheers.gif

Dennie

I have an older Yamaha Rx-V receiver but am either going to purchase a Yamaha RX-A3030 or a Denon 4520CI in the next week or 2....struggling with which one to buy. Denon seems to be more popular and has a better THD rating but I really like yamaha products....used them for years

Edited by quakana

I have ha

The time of your life!

Welcome to the Klipsch Forums Quakana, we're glad you are here! drinkingcheers.gif

Dennie

I have an older Yamaha Rx-V receiver but am either going to purchase a Yamaha RX-A3030 or a Denon 4520CI in the next week or 2....struggling with which one to buy. Denon seesm to be more popular and has a better THD rating but I really like yamaha products....used them for years

I have had several different klipsch speakers most recently RF-7II's and IMHO they do not sound very good on the yamaha's. I have a Yamaha RX-Z11 right now for home theater and for music I switch to an old LK-72 Scott tube amp and it sounds a 1000 times better.

I have ha

The time of your life!

Dennie

I have an older Yamaha Rx-V receiver but am either going to purchase a Yamaha RX-A3030 or a Denon 4520CI in the next week or 2....struggling with which one to buy. Denon seesm to be more popular and has a better THD rating but I really like yamaha products....used them for years

I have had several different klipsch speakers most recently RF-7II's and IMHO they do not sound very good on the yamaha's. I have a Yamaha RX-Z11 right now for home theater and for music I switch to an old LK-72 Scott tube amp and it sounds a 1000 times better.

Yea I need to find a good reasonably priced tube amp....which is probably tough.....I am a guitar player so understand the difference for sure

I have ha

The time of your life!

Dennie

Yea I need to find a good reasonably priced tube amp....which is probably tough.....I am a guitar player so understand the difference for sure

Craig Ostby at NOS Vavles deals in new and rebuilt older tube stuff and is very resonable and a great guy. I just bought a H.H. Scott LK-72 from him that he re-did. You can get a hold of him here http://www.nosvalves.com/vrd.htm.

I have ha

The time of your life!

Dennie

Craig Ostby at NOS Vavles deals in new and rebuilt older tube stuff and is very resonable and a great guy. I just bought a H.H. Scott LK-72 from him that he re-did. You can get a hold of him here http://www.nosvalves.com/vrd.htm.

Do these older AMPS sound better than the newer ones like Mcintosh? Looks like the LK-72 can be had for around 700 or so

Edited by quakana

Do these older AMPS sound better than the newer ones like Mcintosh? Looks like the LK-72 can be had for around 700 or so

The vintage Scott and Fisher integrated amps are a great way to get yourself 80% of the way to tube heaven. The great part is they command great resale value with little end cost for using them upon resale. I love vintage McIntosh but personally I don't care much for the modern McIntosh tube gear they just do not perform like the yesteryear models once the vintage Mac's have been brought up to snuff.

You have to put things in perscpetive. You can get into rebuilt Scott or Fisher for $700 to $1100 total expense depending on model and condition with a quality rebuild. You are never going to get into a McIntosh tube rig for less then about 5 grand vintage or newer...I personally believe for 5 grand you can do much better sonically then McIntosh.

Heck its so easy to sale them I give 100% trade in value toward my newer custom gear to my customers that purchase them or reasonable close to total investment trade in value if they send there own amplifier for a rebuild and want to trade it in later. I can not give 100% trade in if they purchase the amp elsewhere and just have me rebuild it I have no control over some of these crazy bidding war prices on ebay.

If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call.

The vintage Scott and Fisher integrated amps are a great way to get yourself 80% of the way to tube heaven. The great part is they command great resale value with little end cost for using them upon resale. I love vintage McIntosh but personally I don't care much for the modern McIntosh tube gear they just do not perform like the yesteryear models once the vintage Mac's have been brought up to snuff.

You have to put things in perscpetive. You can get into rebuilt Scott or Fisher for $700 to $1100 total expense depending on model and condition with a quality rebuild. You are never going to get into a McIntosh tube rig for less then about 5 grand vintage or newer...I personally believe for 5 grand you can do much better sonically then McIntosh.

Heck its so easy to sale them I give 100% trade in value toward my newer custom gear to my customers that purchase them or reasonable close to total investment trade in value if they send there own amplifier for a rebuild and want to trade it in later. I can not give 100% trade in if they purchase the amp elsewhere and just have me rebuild it I have no control over some of these crazy bidding war prices on ebay.

If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call.

Awesome thanks! I sent you an email from my work account already :)