K48 Specs

Pete H

It would be great.....................I think, if it wasn't so hard to try and track down the specs. I would imagine that the specs on the various Klipsch 15's are close and the DBB plans that JWC and Rudy and others have built would work for a front ported cabinet but I really want to spec this with the correct parameters and take a look at the dimensions of a non ported box too, but as of right now, no specs :angry: I'm going to try and reach out to Trey and see if he can help me out.

It would be great.....................I think, if it wasn't so hard to try and track down the specs. I would imagine that the specs on the various Klipsch 15's are close and the DBB plans that JWC and Rudy and others have built would work for a front ported cabinet but I really want to spec this with the correct parameters and take a look at the dimensions of a non ported box too, but as of right now, no specs :angry: I'm going to try and reach out to Trey and see if he can help me out.

Good luck Pete!

Hey Carl, Trey is getting me the specs but I'm sure you're correct and the 301's have the same drivers so 2 questions, how well do your 301's dig on the low end and what's your opinion of the sound? I totally get where you're coming from and that could be the direction if I go with a ported design. I did finally get to download winsid but it configured in metric so I'm going to uninstall it and try again.

Here's an old sheet. I would think the K-45 might be preferred for a double-bass cab. Think KPT-904LF.

attachicon.gifK-1545:K-1548.pdf

Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it. I'm curious why you would think the K45 might make a better choice? When I look at the response I would have thought the 48, but I'm sure as always, I can always learn something.

Nowhere does Klipsch use the 4 ohm K-48 in double-driver configuration. They, instead, use the 8 ohm K-45s, wired in parallel. The KPT-904, KP-450, and KP-456 all use dual K-45 in a ported cab. It will all depend on your design objectives.

I wonder if that decision was based entirely on the load it would place on the average amplifier and nothing else; but makes me think about this a little more.

I posted some items in the garage section that I need to get rid of and 1 set of the 250's is on the list and if I can find someone that wants the 115's with them then I'll just start with some new drivers but we'll have to see because I have no clue what the market is on the items I'm looking to move.