• Announcements

• Chad

New Forums   07/31/16

Welcome to the newly upgraded Klipsch Forums! If you have been here before 8/1/16, you'll notice a facelift. Not to worry - your posts, messages, gallery images, etc are all intact. There are many new and upgraded features to the forums. We'll be posting an updated FAQ soon. In the meantime, feel free to ask any questions in the new Klipsch Q&A section. NOTE: The search index is still being re-built, so searching and activity feeds may not be 100% complete in results yet.
    • Chad

Login Help   08/01/16

IMPORTANT: Member accounts now use your display name (the handle that is displayed next to your posts, which may have been different from your username on the old forums) for logging in. If you have forgotten your display name or password, you can click the "forgot password" link and have your display name emailed to you with an option to also reset your password.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Videokid

Vintage 80's speakers ID help

14 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what model of Klipsh speakers I have. There is no number anywhere on them. I plan to sell them and I'm not sure what I should ask for them.

Thanks in advance!

post-57532-0-30280000-1383327403_thumb.j

post-57532-0-20680000-1383327463_thumb.j

post-57532-0-17000000-1383327603_thumb.j

You should see the KG2 in the place where you connect wires written.

Good eyes *sanchopanza! Quick on the draw!

Saw a pair on craigslist recently. Tampa I may recall.

Edit: OOOps, maybe not written.

Edit: Welcome to the forum.

Edited by billybob

I found a KG2 that looks identical in the front but the rear is different. Mine has a sub woofer visible on the back above where the wires connect. A careful inspection near the wiring point provided no number or name at all. Completely bare.

Thanks for your help. It looks like these are indeed, KG2 models but they are considered two- way bookshelf speakers.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the link. I'm beginning to understand. Having second thoughts now that I've done some research and will probably hold onto these fine speakers!

LOL, that was what I ended up doing myself when came here and sticking around the forum made me realize(ongoing) what I have.

Your welcome and bet they sound nice indeed.

They are very good speakers, & some don't have the PWK on the back passive. Fellow forum member Rivernuggetts sold me mine.

Those are second generation KG2, the first generation lacked the passive radiator.

Those are BC (before plastic input cup).

They sound pretty good, and can play loud with an electronic crossover and a subwoofer. If you use a 400W amp on them and a 1KW subwoofer, I recommend a 211-2 automotive lightbulb on the tweeter (don't ask how I know this).

Edited by djk

Those are second generation KG2, the first generation lacked the passive radiator.

Those are BC (before plastic input cup).

They sound pretty good, and can play loud with an electronic crossover and a subwoofer. I you use a 400W amp on them and a 1KW subwoofer, I recommend a 211-2 automotive lightbulb on the tweeter (don't ask how I know this).

I've seen photos of those old ones, wo the passive. Mine are BC, not marked, either. Edited by sanchopanza

Thanks all for the great information. I've learned a lot more than I ever imagined I would. Now I'm feeling like these are really special speaker and will find it hard to part with them.

Thanks all for the great information. I've learned a lot more than I ever imagined I would. Now I'm feeling like these are really special speaker and will find it hard to part with them.

I wouldn't give them up.

1 person likes this