Photo
- - - - -

how to search archives now?

Best Answer iRONic, 06 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

Type your desired term in the 'Search' box -- upper right corner of this page.

Click 'This Topic' for predetermined sections.

Click the 'Gear' icon for Advanced Search Parameters.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 moray james

moray james

Forum Ultra Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

can't seem to figure out how to do this now, duhhh? Thanks for any advice. Best regards Moray James.

#2 Amy

Amy

Forum Queen

• Administrators
  • 11,449 posts
  • LocationThe Palace

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

Search is in the upper right corner...is that what you mean?

Email Me

Amy's Blog

Visit Klipsch on Facebook | Twitter | Flickr

#3 iRONic

iRONic

Idea Provocateur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:48 PM   Best Answer

- iRONic

Panny TC-P65S60|Toshiba HD-A2|SA8300HD|Harmony One|NAD 925THX

La Scala-Front|RC25-Center|RB25-Rear|RS25-Side|KSW200 & KSW10-Subs

Onkyo TX-SR805|Technics SL-7|Pioneer BDP-320|Sony CDP CX-200|Xbox 360

#4 moray james

moray james

Forum Ultra Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:26 AM

Thank you for the explaination that helps a lot. Best regards Moray James.

#5 endover

endover

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:20 AM

Not sure what's wrong but I'm following your written instructions exactly and this either randomly works or not depending on what I'm searching for. I just did a search within this topic for the word "upper" since I knew it was in here and yes...it found it. I then did a search for the word "mean" since I knew it was in Amy's reply a few posts up and it found nothing. More often than not, it finds nothing. What am I doing wrong? I've searched for "rf-82", "RF", "SC" and a few other common ones like this and the search comes up empty. Can you help me out?

Thanks!

Video: Samsung LN-T5271 LCD Receiver: Pioneer Elite SC-72 Mains: Chorus II Center: KLF-C7 Surrounds: RS-35's Sub: Sub 12

#6 mach-1

mach-1

33 1/3 rpm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • LocationWhite Mountians, New Hampshire

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:32 AM

Not sure what's wrong

I have the same experience when searching. I do believe all the old posts are there, but where??

My PC remembers all of my old searches , they auto drop down as I type in the search box. The new system will not find most if any of them. I do remember the results, but it means I can't find similar old posts.

Now I'm not saying I want to live in the past, as there really is only the moment but as in other Forums it is practice to search first. Many of the questions or topics have been gone over before. For interest I have !975 "Heritage" LaScala, funny it was new when it was shipped to me, anyway just about every thing has been covered about it in the past.

So I type in [LaScala] in the search box - 4 pages of previous posts come up the oldest is 19 Aug 2013.

Search for [K33E] a woofer in many Klipsch loudspeakers, I get 5 pages of past posts the oldest is 17 Sep 2006.

So How to search archives now...? chris

Edited by mach-1, 29 December 2013 - 09:34 AM.

Love that vinyl !!!

#7 billybob

billybob

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:52 AM

Do not know for certain but, maybe the results you are after is in the old forum. You might try that.

In this new forum, I click klipsch.com(top left) and enter the the product description on that page...example: RF5 and enter on the keyboard. Usually I get a page with the RF5 and if a II version, I get that too on the same or other page.

http://www.klipsch.com/search?q=rf82

Wow, did a heresy search there and enter and all 3 models came up...

Edited by billybob, 29 December 2013 - 12:20 PM.

You got time to breathe... you got time for music....Denver Pyle

#8 billybob

billybob

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:00 PM

Well, I just did an old forum view and it is limited in scope...so much for that idea. Neat stuff though...

I did a recent search using the "lascala riser" and found 3 pages on this main page new forum search using "all forums"as my parameter. Dating way back.

You got time to breathe... you got time for music....Denver Pyle

#9 mach-1

mach-1

33 1/3 rpm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:37 AM

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:48 PM Best Answer

Best Answer to what? Original question not answered, just how to search now.

How can we get searches of "archives" older posts? Or is this feature lost? There are thousands of old posts and lots of good info somewhere.

I just did an old forum view

How can I do an old forum view? thanks.......... chris

Love that vinyl !!!

#10 Chad

Chad

Klipsch Web Developer

• Administrators
  • 265 posts
  • LocationKlipsch HQ, Indy

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:00 AM

The search engine in the new forums is something I want to fix soon. It's not optimal at the moment. For some reason, some things just don't come up in search results. It's a problem with the default search engine. There is supposedly a solution, but I've not had a chance to really implement. Hopefully soon I can.

Thanks

--- Chad

--- Klipsch Web Developer

--- http://www.klipsch.com

If I've answered a question here to your satisfaction, please consider clicking the "Mark Solved" button on my answer post. Thanks!

#11 mach-1

mach-1

33 1/3 rpm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:19 AM

Chad thanks for that info, I feel if you know about this we will be happy with the results, as everything you have done here is always spot on! I just didn't want to have all the old info lost. Not really that important on a scale of 1 to 10, but as you noticed us Klipsch lovers are a picky bunch!

Have a great New Year, both to you and to all the fine folks at Klipsch.

Love that vinyl !!!

#12 endover

endover

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:18 AM

Thanks for looking into this Chad. There is a massive amount of information within this site so I use the search function a lot! It has saved me countless hours of aggravation and "trial and error" time while setting up my system or fixing nagging technical issues so it's frustrating when the search function is not as "intuitive" as it was before.

Video: Samsung LN-T5271 LCD Receiver: Pioneer Elite SC-72 Mains: Chorus II Center: KLF-C7 Surrounds: RS-35's Sub: Sub 12