FS: Acurus A100----$275.00 Shipped---SOLD

willland

I have for sale a 2nd generation Acurus A100 2-channel amplifier that is "rated" at 100w/channel. Based on my exhaustive research about Acurus amps, the A100 most likely bench tests a considerable amount above it's specs. If not, it sure sounds and feels that way. The A100 has very good bass drive, punchy clean midrange, and very detailed highs. As with all 2nd generation Acurus amps I have owned, the A100 is about as neutral sounding as amps go.

The amp is clean inside and out with no discernible scratches or blemishes to mention. The amp will be packed to survive a bomb blast and will/should arrive at your door completely intact and unharmed. The price of $275.00 will include the amp(of course), power cord, better than professional packing, Fed Ex Ground shipping, and as always, I eat the PayPal fee.

I also have a 2nd generation Acurus A100x3 3-channel amp that I will be listing very soon. Not quite as almost perfect cosmetically as the A100 but still very nice indeed. Send me a PM if interested in the A100x3 and I will send photos.

Thanks for looking,
Bill

post-24680-0-00980000-1384691493_thumb.j

post-24680-0-80460000-1384691513_thumb.j

post-24680-0-67420000-1384691536_thumb.j

post-24680-0-75700000-1384691572_thumb.j

post-24680-0-97300000-1384691593_thumb.j

Edited by willland

Bill do you think this would be sufficient for the 63/64 or should I wait on a 200/3?

Let me say this, the A100 and A100x3 drive my Heresys with ease and with authority. Same for when I drive my RB-35's. With that said, I think your $$$ would be better spent waiting for an A200x3 for your 63/64 combo. I never tried either of the A100's with my RF-63's or RC-64. Now if you were to get both and bi-amp them, I bet that would work wonderfully. I have absolutely no experience with bi-amping/bi-wiring so that is just a guess.

Scrappy,

Did you get the links for the A200x3's I found for sale? There are two of them now on Ebay and the one here on the forum.

Bill

Edited by willland

Nice amp, I love my A150, just makes my Chorus II's sing. Good luck with your sale bro!

Cviper,

I used one of my A150's with my black Quartets for a while. That's when I discovered how much bass drive the Acurus amps have.

Thanks for the bump.

Bill

Edited by willland

• Moderators

I just want to chime in on my first experience with the Acurus amps. I'm purchasing Bill's A200 which is the A100's bigger brother. These amps are beautiful with the oval front faceplate. Sound is superb and bass is tight. Separation of musical instruments is very noticable over my HK 3490 without an amp and the detail that the Acurus brings out is fantastic. It's also built like a tank too.

Best wishes with the sale Bill. Someone will be very happy with it.

I just want to chime in on my first experience with the Acurus amps. I'm purchasing Bill's A200 which is the A100's bigger brother. These amps are beautiful with the oval front faceplate. Sound is superb and bass is tight. Separation of musical instruments is very noticable over my HK 3490 without an amp and the detail that the Acurus brings out is fantastic. It's also built like a tank too.

Best wishes with the sale Bill. Someone will be very happy with it.

Guess my A200 is working good for you. The 200X3 is doing fine.

Nice!....love my Acurus a200Five...thanks to you Bill and your excellent review and advice on Acurus amps

Joker,

I am glad you are still enjoying your 200FIVE.

I have owned all Mondial Acurus amps except for the A80 and the A125x5.

Now I want me an Acurus integrated amp like the DIA-100 or DIA150.

mYOYqkDR8hBsHSQwgsb0rmQ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Man that was fast! Knew these wouldn't last long.

SOLD.

Bill

I just wanted to take this time and give a little praise to new member Steran(Spencer) for a wonderful transaction. He was decisive, didn't object to the price, and payed very promptly. I chatted with him on the phone for a while and he seemed like a genuine guy who shares the love of audio like most of us on this great forum do.

Spencer joined the forum after finding my ad through a Google search and immediately sent me a PM expressing his interest in the Acurus and his willingness to comply with any rules and jump through any hoops for me to sell him the amp. After our first correspondence, immediate trust was solidified.

Thank you Spencer.

Bill

Bill, thanks for the kind words and the great transaction. I definitely appreciate you chatting with me over the phone, building trust and allowing me to complete the purchase.

The amp was packed VERY well, shipping was fast, and was exactly as described. Every step of the way Bill was in communication and genuinely wanted me to be happy with the purchase.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you guys - Bill is a standup guy.

Bill, thanks again for a great transaction.

-Spencer