Acoustics In 2 Channel Listening

jcmusic

Why all the gain at high frequencies?

Two reasons I can think of 1) the room itself is not treated for that. 2) I did not Eq anything above 500Hz...

Huh?

I thought the green curve was pre-EQ and the purple curve was post-EQ. They sure are different... by about 8 dB at 8KHz. The black line in the left panel looks like a target curve that was met in the right panel.

Why all the gain at high frequencies?

Two reasons I can think of 1) the room itself is not treated for that. 2) I did not Eq anything above 500Hz...

Huh?

I thought the green curve was pre-EQ and the purple curve was post-EQ. They sure are different... by about 8 dB at 8KHz. The black line in the left panel looks like a target curve that was met in the right panel.

The target in the pre-EQ was 75db, the target in the post EQ was 72db. That would account for the difference, I find that any adjustments made has an effect some where else in the specktrum..

• 2 weeks later...

I have used REW with much frustration due to my ignorance of the principles involved. However I have learned a great deal and now feel that REW has given me the ability to integrate successfully a sub that takes over where the Jub clones leave off. I have some first reflection treatments on the outside and rugs along the floor. Plus I have some mid range panels around the room in a very unscientific arrangement that serve only to reduce the liveliness of the room.

The low frequency magic of using REW is easy to use for me. Its even helped me with my active crossover setup. Where I feel inadequate is working with REW and treatments to address 1000 Hz and higher. Trying to find the best position from the front wall, where the fewest deadspots were, I ended up in a nearfield listening position that has also led to really good imaging.

BTW Canyonman, that is a fine looking room.