Help with SW-15 subwoofer popping?

onetechyguy

Yes, it does have a ground plug. I will have to look & see if I have it plugged in directly to my Panamax or if I am using the adapter to eliminate the ground?

I can try putting it on wooden blocks and see if that stops it. I need to figure out whether this is some sort of static, grounding problem or a problem with a cap in the klipsch amp.

Thanks

Hi,

I found the problem!

I checked the power plug from the sub going into the Panamax power conditioner and I was using the 3prong to 2 adapter which was eliminated the ground connection. I don't know why I used it when I reconnected all my equipment last year. It came with my klipsch sub when I bought it so I was probably thinking it needed to be there. I will let you know if the problem shows up again but so far I have not heard any popping. Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

I have had this same weird pop sound when getting off the couch onto a large rug and carpet for several years. I have tried everything from replacing sub cables to plugging into different outlets. I have the RSW sub right next to the couch. The HSU sub that is positioned in the front corner of the room pops. If I remove the rca cable from the RSW, there is no more noise. It is a long cable and only stops the popping if it is disconnected nearest the HSU. These subs are connected with a Y splitter as there is only one sub out on my receiver. Is there anything I could put in line on the rca cable to get rid of this static pop? This is the second home I have lived in with this equipment...same problem from carpet to a rug. During the summer, this static through the sub cable is reduced some...Thanks!!! I would LOVE to get this to stop!!!!!!

Edited by Mikekid

• 1 year later...

onetechyguy,

I have been having this same exact issue for YEARS now. Just been putting up with it. Two subs ran from a single sub out from the receiver using a splitter. One sub is in the front corner (HSU VTF3, the other sub is under the end table at the end of the couch, (Klipsch RSW 10. The couch is on top of a rug. As soon as anyone gets up off of the couch while the subs are on, I get those same, momentary crackling/popping sounds. I have tried most everything listed here with no luck. I insulated all connections on or near the rug with electrical tape. That did help only a little. I am thinking about taking a piece of wire, running it from one of the grounds (outside metal contact?) off of the sub cable and screwing the other end into a good metal contact on the couch... This is obviously a static issue and I have run out of ideas. (Except to remove rear sub, which I do not want to do.) Did anything you tried fix this onetechyguy? Or, do any of you think this or any other idea may work??

Thanks much for any responses!

Mike.