Subwoofer speaker

Taz

Not sure where you got 12 from. I'm gonna go out in a limb and say at 68$ from amazon it prolly isn't worth much for real bass. If you want about as cheap as you can go for woofers look at my build in my signature. Stereo integrity woofers are awesome bang for your buck.

No doubt I have a lot to learn. Probably should start with a Kit and see how it goes. Have various wood working tool, need to develop woodworking skills. :unsure:

Do more research to understand the terms and how to apply them. :huh:

Taz

Everywhere I found the bottom at 20Hz for this driver. No thiele/small's available anywhere.

Planet Audio Audio AXIS PX15D Woofer - 600 W RMS - 12 Hz to 350 Hz - 4 Ohm,PX15D. Read customer reviews and buy online at Best Buy.

No thiele/small's available anywhere in the article either. I recon this is usless

No doubt I have a lot to learn. Probably should start with a Kit and see how it goes. Have various wood working tool, need to develop woodworking skills. :unsure:

Do more research to understand the terms and how to apply them. :huh:

Taz

Kits or flat packs work well to get you started. You really need a goal like I want my sub to go this low, I need a sub for HT or I need to fill this size room with bass that will go this low or something like that. Do the research, ask for help (I do all the time) and make some saw dust. Over the years I've learned more from my mistakes than my accomplishments.

Two tools that will make your life better when it comes to sub building are a Kreg system, and a Jasper router jig mounted to a router with a 1/4" straight carbide bit. The Kreg helps hold joints solidly, and the Jasper is for cutting exact driver mounting holes for the motorboard. If you buy a kit, you won't need to worry about these; however, some of the best folded horn subs are built from plans, not kits.

That's true Craig, I have them both. I've found that even with the Kreg, it helps to pre-drill the holes. If not, the self tappers pull the board you're attaching off line as you tighten the screws. Also it's best to use the self tappers with a drill that has an adjustable clutch so you don't strip them out.

That's true Craig, I have them both. I've found that even with the Kreg, it helps to pre-drill the holes. If not, the self tappers pull the board you're attaching off line as you tighten the screws. Also it's best to use the self tappers with a drill that has an adjustable clutch so you don't strip them out.

While we're giving him a list of tools, lets add clamps (the more the merrier) they will also keep the boards from moving when installing pocket screws and a compressor with a crown stapler/finish nailer is something you'll never regret having and while you're making a list a small impact driver will cause you to forget you have a drill for driving screws. Heck, if you're going to make a list, might as well make it a long one; table saw, palm, orbital and belt sander, hvlp turbine sprayer, drill press, dolly's, HD ball bearing lazy susan support, respirator, a big work shop......................................................... it's a really deep rabbit hole my friend so either jump in or just go around it. :lol:

• Like 1

While we're giving him a list of tools, lets add clamps (the more the merrier) they will also keep the boards from moving when installing pocket screws and a compressor with a crown stapler/finish nailer is something you'll never regret having and while you're making a list a small impact driver will cause you to forget you have a drill for driving screws. Heck, if you're going to make a list, might as well make it a long one; table saw, palm, orbital and belt sander, hvlp turbine sprayer, drill press, dolly's, HD ball bearing lazy susan support, respirator, a big work shop......................................................... it's a really deep rabbit hole my friend so either jump in or just go around it. :lol:

If you have any money left, then you might want to start buying Klipsch speakers, so you can have hi-fidelity in every room in the house and garage. :wacko:

• Like 1

If you have any money left, then you might want to start buying Klipsch speakers, so you can have hi-fidelity in every room in the house and garage. :wacko:

I have a lot of those tools. Lots of clamps, couple of compressors, finish stapler, lots of nail and brad guns, Several impact drivers from small to large, table saw. I think I have a palm sander, I have several belt sanders, a random orbital sander, drill press, router, hand dolly's, I have the stuff to build a couple lazy susans and furniture dolly's, respirator. Electric and hand planers, drills with adjustable clutches :mellow:

24 x 48' shop upstairs and down. :rolleyes:

Kinda short on money though. Maybe I should sell some of my receivers, that would sure make my wife happy. :sad:

Taz