My first table saw for the shop....

Boxx

• 4 months later...

OK Boxx, you've had this long enough that hopefully you've had some time to play with it. Impressions??

I've been without a table saw for a while and am looking at the DWE7491RS and DW744XRS. The 749 has a larger rip capacity (which I would like) but the 744 is slightly cheaper and gets marginally better reviews. I think they have the same fence which is supposed to be pretty nice.

Any reason you picked this model?

Any likes or dislikes?

OK Boxx, you've had this long enough that hopefully you've had some time to play with it. Impressions??

I've been without a table saw for a while and am looking at the DWE7491RS and DW744XRS. The 749 has a larger rip capacity (which I would like) but the 744 is slightly cheaper and gets marginally better reviews. I think they have the same fence which is supposed to be pretty nice.

Any reason you picked this model?

Any likes or dislikes?

You are going to have to place me in the "Hall of Shame." :emotion-41: No progress in the garage shop.

I will give you a full report when I do get it set up along with my drill press and grinder.

Been there, done that. I had my Festool track saw several months before it saw the first bit of wood. I was hoping you'd had a chance to play with it some.

One issue for me is my offspring. They seem to think that my garage is a storage room for their stuff... This will soon change...

My wife got me a dove tail jig for Christmas last year, it is still in the corner waiting to be used. But new router is on list for the next tool. Now that I think about it that dust collector I purchased last month is still collecting dust, but not in the way it is suppose to.

Boxx get that table saw out and cut some wood.

My wife got me a dove tail jig for Christmas last year, it is still in the corner waiting to be used. But new router is on list for the next tool. Now that I think about it that dust collector I purchased last month is still collecting dust, but not in the way it is suppose to.

Boxx get that table saw out and cut some wood.

Well.... I'm going to dust myself off and get to work....

giphy.gif