My first table saw for the shop....

Boxx

• Moderators
You should check out Grizzly.com and if you can get to a showroom you will be suprised i have been to the one in Springfield,Mo and wow.

I have had no problems with the one grizzly tool I have, it's a jointer 8"x75" it looks and feels like it will easily outlast me.

Now WHERE is that Fedex truck, it's not good to keep "the most interesting man" waiting !

Tools, the only thing that get's me excited like stereo stuff, well not counting some things with 2 legs.

Edited by dtel

No action again today....

I called Fedex this evening and (I'm very certain) spoke with some guy in India. All he could do, every two minutes, was to say "I'm sorry for the delay in your shipment......"

Tomorrow, I may just call the distribution center and tell them to hold the saw there and I will come by and pick it up myself.

More later....

I went through the same thing years ago.

Fed Ex delivered a set of speakers to my old address once. I had sold the house years earlier. The owner signed for them and put the box in his garage, I think he intended on keeping them. The Fed Ex computer must have thought that I still liked that address even though the package was labeled with my current address.

I did call. I "think" that I spoke with someone in India. All he did every 2 minutes was to apologize for my inconvenience (over and over and over).

That's one area of his training that he got right...

I did get a call from a gal in Pittsburgh. She is trying to help me out now...

Well.... The saw just arrived.

The box is really tapped up, but not really torn or crushed.

DSC_0048-2.jpgoo

I'll move it around to the garage in a moment. As Archie used to say "Whoop-tee-do."

Oh gee.... Some assembly required.... and instructions to read...

Assembly? Instructions? Welcome to Christmas!!

That reminds me of what happened a few years ago... I purchased a new, in box, gas grill. When I finished with the project there were about 30 or more extra screws, bolts and other items.

I thought what the heck. This was back when you had to assemble much of the gas line parts and burners. Long story short, it worked, however I pushed the grill almost down to the street before I lit it for the first time.

That reminds me of what happened a few years ago... I purchased a new, in box, gas grill. When I finished with the project there were about 30 or more extra screws, bolts and other items. I thought what the heck. This was back when you had to assemble much of the gas line parts and burners. Long story short, it worked, however I pushed the grill almost down to the street before I lit it for the first time

You sound like just the tech I'm looking for to fix my R2R :unsure:

DSC_0048-2.jpgoo

I'll move it around to the garage in a moment. As Archie used to say "Whoop-tee-do."

The most important part of the assembly with any saw is taking as much time as necessary to dial it in perfect prior to using it and then checking those measurements on a regular basis to make sure things cut square and true. Glad you finally got it.

DSC_0048-2.jpgoo

The most important part of the assembly with any saw is taking as much time as necessary to dial it in perfect prior to using it and then checking those measurements on a regular basis to make sure things cut square and true. Glad you finally got it.

Great Tip.... Thanks for the help.

I have also found some excellent demo's on "youtube."