Buyer Beware

cluless

These are some flicks that I wish that I had never rented/bought. I realize the "different strokes" philosophy applies here, thus the Buyer Beware heading as opposed my first thought for a heading - "These movies really Suck".

A.I. & Final Fantasy- I don't know what I was expecting, but It was definitely more than what these movies offered. BTW, I like both Sci-Fi and animation.

Beowulf - I didn't realize Christopher Lambert had a speech impediment.

A thin red line - couldn't last more than 15 minutes on this one.

JFK - This would have been a really good 90 minute movie. But they beat, dragged, drowned, and quartered that dead horse.

quote:

Originally posted by chickey:

If I never see another shot of quietly flowing green fields it will be too soon.

movie came 2 mind. gladiator... elesium

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

is JFK in french? if so I'll gladly take it off your hands...cwm38.gif

------------------

197? Walnut Cornwalls

198? Walnut Heresy II's

1999 Mahogany KLF-30's

1999 Mahogany KLF-C7

2001 Black Ash RB-5's

Receiver-Yamaha 995

DVD Player-Toshiba 3109

T.V.-Toshiba 52 inch

2 ksw 12's for sale

kg 2.2v for sale

looking for a rc-3

cluless,

"A.I. & Final Fantasy- I don't know what I was expecting, but It was definitely more than what these movies offered."

Put me in the "different strokes" camp on both of these. Certainly boths of these films had their flaws and dragged on a bit towards their endings, but I enjoyed them. Final Fantasy had some of the most realistic (human) animation that I have ever seen. After watching "A.I" I wondered about how the film would have turned out if Kubrick would have been able to direct as was originally intended. I'm a BIG Kubrick fan, but I'd bet the film would have dragged even more w/ the autuer Kubrick at the helm.

As a side note Jude Law ("A.I", "The Talented Mr. Ripley", "Enemy At The Gates") has got to be one of my favorite young actors around right now.

Dave

Dave,

I agree the animation was tops in Final Fantasy, but IMO the story-line was lame, and A.I. was just plain "mewling", and I am a really sucker for a good sob story (I can scare up a good cry in a paper towel commercial). I just don't think that all of the special effects in the world can save a bad story. But hey, what are opinions for anyway.

iwillwalk - JFK - saw it at the theater (and left after 2+ hours).

cluless,

Dude: The Thin Red Line dts version has some awesome sound. Go to chapter 9(Starnes Attack). Also Chapter 16 when they take the jap bunker. I have a 5 disc dvd changer and this disc remains in it at all times. Chapter 16 is definitely show off material. You must skip the boring parts and go straight to the good stuff!!

------------------

the goods

boa, LOL,

What? Are you gonna put _its on my beloved snaggle tooth purveyor of strangeness, or perhaps a bow-head.? (on the other hand, "a boa head" might not be too bad) ? and, yes it(my avatar) really does look like one of my cats.

When choosing, It was a toss up between it and Number 16 (yep - the one that looks like a rather forlorn turd).

Also, "stealth mode" is a good thing..LOL..rock on..

cwm29.gif

clu, actually i was thinking to add mall bangs would be good, but then again many dudes have them these days. cwm6.gif

we like you just the way you are. cwm38.gif

actually, i once naturally had the snake avatar, but when klipsch shook things up i went w/ the current. maybe i'll go back to the snake. if its still there...

------------------

My Home Systems Page

...leaving the mall paradigm in-tact...no, was not there, did not do that....I was more in line with the tuesday/thursday plasma donors for cash...LOL

.... but Did you know that if you "smush" a cats ears to where they are perpendicular to the cat's head....you have ..yes ..MINI. YODA. And THAT WAS THE PARADIGM....LOL

"Omigawd"... cluless, after "fixing" the rest of the cat, you aren't thinking of a trip to a cosmetic cat surgeon for a post-smoosh "Yoda Ear Job" are you?

Oh well, I guess the cats can feel safe that you are not into Dolly Parton. cwm34.gif -HornED

Cluless,

My apologies. I didn't realize you were a "dudette". But you should definitely check out the chapters of the Thin Red Line listed in my previous post. Sure there are a lot of boring parts in the movie but the action scenes are intense!

------------------

the goods

goods -

But how do you watch the rest of the movie? I'd be drooling by chapter 4, comatose by chapter 9.

BTW, Don't worry about the gender thing, I hung out here genderless (or supposedly male) for quite a while. LOL. cwm4.gif

Just dont you try to pin "mall bangs" on me..LOL

cwm29.gif

oops grabbed the wrong smilie again

This message has been edited by cluless on 07-11-2002 at 07:18 PM