Infinity RS llB speakers

Boxx

I remember lusitng after them as a teenager.

If you can get a good deal and get your monty back out if you do not like them, give them a try. That is how I wound up with my current speakers.

Make sure the tweeters all work and that teh woofers can be reconed if needed. The EMIT Tweeters may be diffuclt to replace if they do not work.

Go give them a listen and see what you think. Ribbon tweeters tend to beam, but if you are in the correct plane, they sound fantastic.

I had a pair a while back. I loved them! The high end detail and midrange voicing were amazing! I set them up next to my Klipschorns and listened back and forth for months. Eventually the fullness of sound from the Klipschorns brought me back and I wound up selling the Infinities to reclaim some space in my living room. I can see how people start to tweak the components in their K horns midrange and tweeters...If I could have the high end of the infinities with the low end of the Khorn it would be perfect! They were mildy power hungry compared to the Khorns but I dont think you need a ton of power to drive them. To sum it up, they are almost the exact opposite of Klipschorns...in a good way!

Ed

post-28567-0-91800000-1387979227_thumb.j

older model infinity are great speakers, they were my favorite untill i found they were hard to drive (frequent drops below 2 ohms) there problems with shutting down my amps at moderate listening levels are what steered me to klipsch and horns (amp at the time onkyo m504) by the way it was the exact same set you looking at !!! before that i had studio 150's (my neighbors hated me :D ) after my journey i would consider infinity again if i had monster amps. oh the tweets are only available used so check them over before purchase............i sold mine for 400.00 about 10 years ago now

Joe

These are some good points to consider. I have also heard that these speakers are power hungry.

I'll most likely get to listen to these speakers sometime after the 1st.

Keep a QSC PLX amp around for something like this. I keep a 1202 and more powerful one around (forget the model number).

Looks like you will have soem fun with these if everything works.