FS: JL Audio f113 Fathom - SOLD

holtrp

I love my jl. It is hands down the best component I have ever owned. Originally I thought a second one would be perfect, and for the most part it would be. Without a doubt, two would be plenty of subwoofer for just about any and every occasion. Unfortunately, I am looking to throw breakers and do structural damage to my home with truly out-of-this-world levels of bass. Most of the people I have talked to about this recommend going with DIY 18's. I just don't think I will be satisfied with multiple jl's, especially at 2500 a whack.

Nice solid box with rubber balls attached to the bottom for extra protection. Sub has nice fake leather baggy for mic, mic cord, instruction manual & white gloves. Nice heavy cloth bag to throw over the sub during shipping or if it is just sitting for a long time.

post-32463-0-81460000-1388878300_thumb.j

All lights work. Demo & A.R.O. calibration work great (just tested over the weekend). All switches and level controls function perfectly. My photography isn't the best, (need lessons from Youthman) there are probably a few rouge fingerprints and some dust in the cracks, but the unit is in mint condition. My velodyne sits on top of it but has heavy rubber feet that do not scuff or mark the JL.

thanks for looking...

Please be advised, I am going out of town on Tuesday for business for two weeks, so if you want to get this thing shipped, we'll have to have a deal by Tuesday or it will have to wait.

post-32463-0-21980000-1388878779_thumb.j

post-32463-0-27380000-1388878794_thumb.j

post-32463-0-90340000-1388878927_thumb.j

post-32463-0-05420000-1388878941_thumb.j

Lot's of people buy a second Fathom. Have you considered that? I have lots of subs, and I would rather have 2 Fathoms than any other 2 subs I own. Those include THT's and KPT-684's.

Why 2 fathoms over the THT's?

The JL Fathom 113's are the best subs I have ever heard. The THT's are a better match for LaScalas than anything I have heard.

My neighbors also sell paradigm subs. The Fathoms are better.

Lot's of people buy a second Fathom. Have you considered that? I have lots of subs, and I would rather have 2 Fathoms than any other 2 subs I own. Those include THT's and KPT-684's.

Why 2 fathoms over the THT's?

The JL Fathom 113's are the best subs I have ever heard. The THT's are a better match for LaScalas than anything I have heard.

My neighbors also sell paradigm subs. The Fathoms are better.

Thanks. I love my F113 and was thinking about a built in THT. Maybe I should consider a second fathom. The bass is tight and I do love it.

Have the house to myself this am to crank it up. Jl hits 110 db spl at the listening position about 13' and hits 120-125 at 1' from the sub in reference mode.

I think that you are going in the right direction moving away from the JL for your intended use. I've never heard anyone buying one for max spl. The quad 18's should do the trick.

The JL is a great sub, someone will buy it and really enjoy it.