help denon 1912 audyssey setting

edgard

i have a denon avr 1912 audyssey setting front full band -10.0db center -12.0db 40hz surround-12.0db 60hz subwoofer -12.0db lfe120hz

my front are fr82 fronts rc 62 center sourround rb61 and sub rw12d i like the sound but i have to turn volume up the hear the center

my room is 10f by13f should i put my speakers to small or large? are those crossover setting are good?

If you are getting "-12" something is wrong with the setup because that is the limit--If you are getting -12 for the sub, I would start there and lower the volume on the sub down considerably from where you are calibrating. After you get the numbers below -12 then you would want to set your speakers to Small and a crossover at 80 Hz and leave the subs LFE at 120 Hz.

Edited by tkdamerica

i will try to sett my speakers small at 80hz and my sub at 120hz

Also, for the record-- "-12" on the sub means it started out too hot and after lowering it's gain should bring your other speakers that also were "12" to lower than that as well. {Note: One of the things Audyssey is doing is Level Matching your speakers and sub to the Main Listening Position--If your sub's volume is too high it will skew the results.}

Edited by tkdamerica

what should be the best crossover setting to get the best sound for my room ?

... After you get the numbers below -12 then you would want to set your speakers to Small and a crossover at 80 Hz and leave the subs LFE at 120 Hz.

You may also want to try 60 Hz but I am thinkin' 80 Hz. {EDIT: and to get the benefit from Audyssey you do need to run setup again.}

Edited by tkdamerica

This brings an interesting question! At what level do most of members set the sub or subs when initially setting up auto eq on their setup for home theater? I know I always tried to start my subs fairly low @ around 20-25% and then turn them up later preference after room eq is done

It really depends on room and sub. A higher end sub with more output is going to need to be set lower than a cheaper one that doesn't provide as much SPL...

That said, my Denon AVR-4311ci lets me EQ two subs and let's me know when either's gain is set too high and I need to lower it before running the EQ sweeps. Then it level matches the subs to each other and then with the rest of the speakers to achieve Reference Level at "0". I then go and set all of my speakers to Small and raise the crossover to either 80 Hz for my RC-7 or 60 Hz for the rest of my speakers except for the RB-5s which are used as Height Speakers, and I leave those at 120 Hz.

Edited by tkdamerica

i run the audyssey again and now front full band l-10.5db r-11.0 db center -11.0db 40hz sourround -12db 60hz sub +6.0db lfe120hz

when i change to small crossover advanced front 40hz center 40hz sorround 60hz sub still 120hz

Are you using a tripod for the mic and running all available sweeps? Fwiw, going from -12 to +6 on the sub makes me think you need to start halfway in between where you've ran it the last two times. That said, keep the sub's LPF at 120 Hz and raise those crossover points would be my recommendation.

This brings an interesting question! At what level do most of members set the sub or subs when initially setting up auto eq on their setup for home theater? I know I always tried to start my subs fairly low @ around 20-25% and then turn them up later preference after room eq is done

you should never touch the gain control on subs, turn up sub via Audyssey interface.