La Scala $850.00 (Roseburg) Oregon

Woofers and Tweeters

Looks like I'll have a pair of La Scala tomorrow. I wonder how they will go with the speakers I got from Carl.

Thanks to jweber and Carl.

Got to get that pre-amp sent in for repair. :wacko: Still under transferable warranty though.

John

Edited by Taz

Looks like I'll have a pair of La Scala tomorrow. I wonder how they will go with the speakers I got from Carl.

Got to get that pre-amp sent in for repair. :wacko: Still under transferable warranty though.

John

Congrats and you're welcome, Taz. Did you check out the Altec Valencia? I want a pair of A7 VOTT or some 14 or...

John

Congrats and you're welcome, Taz. Did you check out the Altec Valencia? I want a pair of A7 VOTT or some 14 or...

We talked yesterday and today. I was ready to go over but he got caught up in too many things to do. Planning on Saturday.

How far is it from your house?

I'm thinking about 15 minutes depending on traffic and traffic lights.

I'll ask him to let me take pictures of what he has for sale for anyone else that is interested in other offerings.

jweber expressed interest "... check out the Altec Valencia? I want a pair of A7 VOTT or some 14 or..."

Willing to help others out if I can. I have an abundance of pallets if needed.

Carl, where do you get that shrink wrap in case I need some???

John

Well I made the 15 - 20 minute Road trip to pick up the speakers. The Gentleman has a fine collection of audio equipment, all analog as far as I could see. Speakers sounded fine and had the sono caps as stated.

I did forget my camera, but that's alright. He did not seem too interested in having his equip. photographed.

I forwarded jweber's "Did you check out the Altec Valencia? I want a pair of A7 VOTT or some 14 or.." although he seemed to be having difficulty wrapping his mind about letting his Altec go. If he decides to, he can let me know and I will forward info.

These LaScala match the speakers I got from Carl quite well. Kind of got me wondering if the only thing I really need for 7.1 is a subwoofer and 7.1 receiver?

John

Please don’t trouble yourself with the pictures of the Altec. Trying to bring in another pair of speakers past the Mrs. would be met with the same reaction as trying to bring in the lassie from down the street….Then again, which Altec are they? :D

Edited by jweber