Winter Olympics Hen Fest!

Taz

Got tired of listening to the commentators constant Dribble so I sent them a complaint. If others feel similar to the way I do and let them know, Maybe we can watch the Olympics and enjoy it at the same time.

The commentators need to SHUT UP and let us enjoy the competition. Their
constant babbling is annoying. Self serving. And detracts from the Olympic
experience. Sounds like a . GOD DAMN HEN FEST!

I guess I need to contact any advertisers associated with you.

This message sent by: John Henderson

John

• Like 1

The problem with that Sancho is the sounds are sometimes integral to the event. In ladies figure skating for example, the music they are skating to is part of the performance. Turning off the sound and streaming Pandora isn't an optimal solution. Access to espn's south American feed or perhaps what the Europeans get to see is better. On ESPN in Chile for example, Events such as yesterdays ladies short program were not only shown live as it happened, but without commentary during the performance. Analysis and commentary were made after the skater finished. Imagine that! This is one of those rare cases that it sucks to be an American.

Part of this, most of this must be the network's fault. ABC would be just as bad as NBC. They delay showing the event until prime time for advertising dollars. So we are subject to stale news. To add insult to injury the entire event is not shown, the order might even be skewed, and they chatter incessantly during the performance. The rest of the blame falls on the Olympic committee for selling exclusive rights to the network. This creates a monopoly which in economic terms is almost always bad for the consumer.

Got tired of listening to the commentators constant Dribble so I sent them a complaint. If others feel similar to the way I do and let them know, Maybe we can watch the Olympics and enjoy it at the same time.

The commentators need to SHUT UP and let us enjoy the competition. Their

constant babbling is annoying. Self serving. And detracts from the Olympic

experience. Sounds like a . GOD DAMN HEN FEST!

I guess I need to contact any advertisers associated with you.

This message sent by: John Henderson

John

You are pushing against an avalanche.

Really? Despite that practically everyone else in the world enjoys live feeds? A lot of feedback might help. Especially if directed at the right ears. Maybe the IOC is where it should go, they could at least sell rights to US networks with stipulations. Is the consumer really helpless now?

Well, we are talking about two separate things but the concept is the same: consumer outrage.

Edited by oldtimer

Years ago One TV station was airing advertising that I found offensive. I called then and told them what I thought about it, and that I was going to start calling their other advertisers to tell then I was going to boycott their product since they were advertising with the station I had issues with. They told me that to do that would violate their rights as a television station, and if I did it they would sue me. I told them to go for it. Then I started calling advertisers. Only took about 3 days to shut down the offensive advertising. Never did hear anything more about being sued. The other advertisers appeared quite sympathetic with my complaint and concerned about plans to boycott their product.

Now I'm only one person and if I can do that to 1 television station, How many do you think it would take to do it to a network. As consumers we do have power when it comes to their DOLLAR Line.

John

Edited by Taz

Really? Despite that practically everyone else in the world enjoys live feeds? A lot of feedback might help. Especially if directed at the right ears. Maybe the IOC is where it should go, they could at least sell rights to US networks with stipulations. Is the consumer really helpless now?

Well, we are talking about two separate things but the concept is the same: consumer outrage.

Maybe so, I don't know.

I am just thinking that from what I see on TV, most people enjoy what I consider crap.

And TV executives know what is correct no matter what (in their minds). A show like Seinfeld would never make it today because it took time to build up momentum, it would have been pulled by the powers that be because they know everything.

So they pander to the hens as said by the OP, I think the hens will be heard. The Olympic overage seems like those horrible cutsie morning shows, and apparently that is what the majority enjoys.

Hope I am wrong.

Depending on your cable subscription (which you'll need to verify): http://stream.nbcolympics.com/live-extra/

No cable where I live. It's either antenna or Satellite Dish. Had Charter come to town when I lived in town. As soon as they took over I got my wire cutters out and disconnected. I had dealt with those pukes before. I put up an antenna and called it good. Now have Satellite Dish.

John

Edited by Taz

Depending on your cable subscription (which you'll need to verify): http://stream.nbcolympics.com/live-extra/

No cable where I live. It's either antenna or Satellite Dish. Had Charter come to town when I lived in town. As soon as they took over I got my wire cutters out and disconnected. I had dealt with those pukes before. I put up an antenna and called it good. Now have Satellite Dish.

John

It's supported by Dish Network, and DirectTV, but only based on your subscription level.

John

It's supported by Dish Network, and DirectTV, but only based on your subscription level.

Low level subscription I would think. Although we do run 4 receivers at present. Business expense for Adult Foster Home.

John