Ultimate All Horn System derived from 2 Channels!

ClaudeJ1

Mids are a pair of JBL 2440 coupled to a 2350 horn with a 2329 throat adaptor.

If someone wants to duplicate his system I have some of the JBL parts that are NOS.

The tweeters are Hepner, similar to what is in the KG2 but with bigger magnets.

Might be something interesting here.
Although visually striking, his elaborate horn arrangement has me doubtful.

I'd still gander a listen if I was ever in the area, but I'm not about to drop $500 for what appears to be a glorified VST plug-in of sorts.

I spoke with a knowledgeable audio guy who checked out "the glorified VST..."

I asked what do you think and he said "Yes, if you are into effects (distortion / artificial reverberation)..." :wub: NOT

Well its like four figure interconnects - They are a value to someone.

From the website:

"NO DACS OR TUBES NEEDED

Save your money. Most computers made in 2009 or later have 24-bit sound cards that overcome their bad reputation. Differences in sound from an ideal DAC (digital-to-analog converter) are almost entirely due to inaccurate frequency response, easily compensated by the Burwen Bobcat Tone Balancer. Even with just Burwen Bobcat TR the sound is clean."

The comments made started with using the computer's built-in DAC / sound card...? (And this, even on typical Windows PCs which compared to a Mac don't generally have very good quality built-in sound output.) Once one has added in distortion / reverberation from the plug-in, this could cover up deficiencies / differences in sound compared to a good outboard DAC. Well, singing in the shower can make one's own voice sound pretty good, but it is just an illusion. Can be fun for awhile but not my cup of tea. Some people like artificial reverberation effects, though... different folks have different tastes in sound reproduction.

So to answer my own question I would say save your money and buy a three figure power cable :lol: