whats up with banks and coins today .................

joessportster

Now you are really messing with them, they don't know how to count back. You just get the look.... :huh:

I handed a twenty-something bookstore clerk enough extra money to get back an exact $2 or whatever it was. He looked confused, and said "I can't do negative math this late in my shift.", like it was too mentally demanding for a tired worker. The cash register worked it out for him.

At least he was a bit embarrassed to admit he didn't remember how to subtract, but I was surprised that he didn't even know the word "subtract". What do they learn in school these days?

TD Bank is all over the net, My bank Is old line Bank, I also saw some remarks about citi bank, and others

Mark thanks for that info, Currently money in the bank is not an issue for me, But I have no doubt if they could figure a way to steal, they will do it.

I have felt for some time savings accounts are a rip off, You deposit money in the bank, they pay you 1.5% interest, they loan out your money and collect 7% and up in interest

I wont have a savings account, I only keep a checking account for bill payment. and balance stays under 5.00 I only add money as needed to pay a debt

as far as the coins go, we have asked about rolled coin acceptance they say no, we tried to deposit in our account they direct us to the change machine and will deposit amount on the slip, take it to clerk to get changed to quarters, they state they are not allowed to count coins, Basically alot of :pwk_bs: that allows the banks machine to steal with no recourse :emotion-45: