Southern BBQ

Daddy Dee

• Moderators

You folks probably already know this, but there's a great smoker site called www.thesmokering.com Huge amount of information, recipes, etc. enjoy

Yes it helped me get my first smoker working right by using there pit calculator. Also learned from them about how to really smoke, I had been doing it wrong for sure, especially with my fire and many other basics. Good site and very helpful people.

• Moderators
I'm a smoke ring member, among other BBQ sites.

Still smoking all the time but have not been there in a good while, I feel guilty for not going back for so long, some good people there.

They helped me get my first smoker working correctly and so many other ideas, like a discada, there really fun to cook on. The even helped me figure out what was wrong with my welder when it broke.

How you do the sugarcane ?

Edited by dtel

I just had pork ribs at Logans and it made me sick :wacko: They are kinda losing the touch they once had especially paying the bill at $55 with tip for 2. I would normally hollar loud at management but not really feeling like that lately...Just a heads up at least to anybody stopping there around here...im not going back

• Like 1

• Moderators

Soak the dried cane like any other wood and throw it over hot coals. Nice mild sweet smoke. I got the idea out of the BBQ bible.

Next time I'm in South Louisiana I need to grab some to try it, sounds good thanks.