Where's the boom?

McMiRA

(4) rw12d's in a 14x14 room. 8 foot ceilings. (2) on LFE and (2) on fronts. Top of all walls are curtained. Running (2) stock kg 5.5 as center. (2) kg5.5s as fronts with crites crossovers and tweeters. And (2) stock kg5.5s as wides. Does not hVe the issues on all movies. Will post when I get back and have time to mess with some stuff

crossover updates for the kg5.5's(they are way past due) if he hasnt yet then another sub or better yet get some diy 18's!

I am firmly on the facts you are loosing the dynamics from your kg 5.5's thus updated crossovers will bring back the sound with no blank spots which i feel you may be actually finding with the low frequency boom in your woofers in the kg 5.5's not responding due to aged crossovers.....

forgive my lack of knowledge here... but how would aged x-overs effect the bass of a speaker? arent the caps only for mid/high freq? i've heard this mentioned before & have asked but got no answer... how does changing/updating "aged crossovers" change or improve the bass responce of a speaker?

Not to pollute the op's thread anymore as i have already...im not a crossover expert i would suggest getting in touch with Dean or Bob Crites on here to break it down for you..

• Like 1

There's also driver compression. As the voice coils heat up, you can lose up to 3dB of sensitivity, which is equivalent to half of your amplifier power. Transformer films would be great source material for creating that kind of situation.

• Like 1

Maybe I am way off here, but since no one has brought it up yet, and I do not know enough about audessy, I will mention it. I play electric bass guitar, and found out a few odd things about standing waves. Standing waves are not just from the "target frequency", but can be created in multiples of the root as well. We had an issue in the studio a while back where my bass cabinet was creating waves that were effecting the guitars sound, when I moved the bass cabinet a little changing the angle of reflections, the problem was resolved.

I repeat to be clear. My bass gear sounded fine, the guitars sounded fine, but a note I had played ruined the tone of the Les Paul but only when I played that note. I can only assume this was a result of phase cancilation from the guitars caused by a harmonic of the root tone I had played on the bass. I admit that accoustical physics in not my field.

• Like 1

ITS FIXED! All subs are ran off lfe now and I reran audyssey. Dynamic volume and dynamic eq are both off. I think having 2 of the subs ran lfe and 2 ran on fronts was causing a cross cancel on this movie. The gain with all 4 on lfe is incredible in this little room. Time to " piss off the neighbors"