Unplanned upgrade to 7.1

billybobg

Perusing the local KSL Classifieds yesterday and came upon an add for Academys at $200 each. I've had a pair of Academy's as my surrounds in a 5.1 configuration and just never pulled the trigger on lesser speakers to complete the system. I Googled the town in the listing. About 60 miles north of work. I couldn't get my phone out fast enough. The guy says he has had a few calls but no commitments. I told him I'd pay asking price. Long story short, I got up there and they were nice so I paid the guy and loaded them up. Now I'm wondering if the wife will notice the extra speakers hanging off the wall. It's pretty much a man cave and since I pulled the cash out of my "slush" fund I can probably get them set up without her noticing for months. ;)

There was a third Academy that had cosmetic damage and a SW15 that needed repair, but I had only pulled the needed cash for the two I bought. I probably should have asked what he would take for them, but I was happy with what I got. BTW, he said he got them for $100 at a local garage sale. Someone didn't know what they had. He knew what they brought on ebay, but evidently didn't want to hassle with shipping. His eyes lit up when I peeled off the $20s. Both parties happy, so a good deal both ways.

It's pretty much a man cave and since I pulled the cash out of my "slush" fund I can probably get them set up without her noticing for months. ;)

Buying speakers? Easy.

Getting them past the wife? Now that takes some skill!

Good job! (on both) B)

win-win. Nice job. As the saying goes, if there aint pictures it didn't happen. :)

You're tough. ;) I'll get some pics when they're mounted, maybe sooner. There might be some early pics of my media room floating somewhere around here, but I've not updated pics since the finishing touches were made. I need to make some wall shelves to mount them so it may be a couple of weeks.