FS: Anthem PVA-5 Amplifier---$300.00---SOLD

willland

I have for sale an Anthem PVA-5 amplifier. The unit is in good cosmetic condition with a few surface blemishes here and there.

The PVA-5 specs at 105 watts/channel at 8 ohms with all channels driven.

One caveat to mention, the rear right channel has some static that can be continuous and intermittent. This can possibly be an easy fix though I am not techie enough to say for sure. With this issue, the amp's recommended use is as a 4-channel amp in suggested configurations:

1) Left--Center--Right with 4th and 5th channels idle

2) Left--Center--Right with center biamped/biwired

3) Left--Right--Left surround--Right surround with additional monoblock to drive center

4) Left--Right with both biamped/biwired

This amp also can be used as a traditional stereo amp with three channels idle.

This is a great sounding and powerful sounding amp with a neutral signature. Good bass drive and detailed mids and highs.

The price of $325.00 $300.00 shipped includes Bill's signature packaging via Fed Ex Ground, power cord, and PayPal fee.

Thanks,

Bill

post-24680-0-60180000-1399594410_thumb.j

post-24680-0-26580000-1399594425_thumb.j

post-24680-0-92500000-1399594442_thumb.j

post-24680-0-23620000-1399594463_thumb.j

post-24680-0-12500000-1399594474_thumb.j

post-24680-0-93580000-1399594484_thumb.j

Edited by willland

Bump for Mr. Land

Guys I am a big advocate for Anthem amplifiers I have tried a few different brands in my years of playing with home audio. But let me say this first I have never owned an Emotiva amp so I can’t say anything to how great they are or not. Anthem is the brand of amplifier I plan on staying with for the time being. I love the sound, it’s neutral as Bill mentioned you hear the music not the amp. Those of use that like coffee you want to taste coffee not the water. This is the same with Anthem amps, you hear the music not amp. Now for the 1st of my two things I love about these. Little to no heat signature they or mine don’t produce heat. They rarely get above room temp or hard playing 85 degrees on the heat sink. Just to me this says that they are very efficient in how they convert audio signals to music. These are just as solid as my McIntosh MC 252 this amp is the same ways takes a couple hours of playing to warm up.

2nd I really like the look of the amps they are very minimal in the outward appearance; they don’t command attention you hear what they are doing. You aren’t distracted by the amps. These are just my opinions and should be taken as such. But for me I have found a winner with Anthem and Klipsch. Anthem also prides itself on being the best value and performance for the money.

Best of luck on the sale Mr.Land!!!!!

NEW PRICE

$300.00 shipped.

I forgot to mention, this amp is owned by a gentleman that has been in the audio repair business for over 45 years and he went through this Anthem with a fine tooth comb and all channels except for the right surround are functioning at 100% of spec. He was able to isolate the issue with the problem channel but did not want to invest any more time or $$$ in getting it to 100% factory spec. He figured it would cost no more than $125.00 to repair but just did not have the $$$ to follow through with it. Hence the sale. He needs the money. He is a paraplegic who sustained a C7 spinal injury over 40 years ago and is on a fixed income + some audio and computer repair income now and then.

At $300.00 shipped, this would make a wonderful stereo amplifier alone, with other options which I mentioned in original post.

Bill

Wow, at this price, I'm surprised it has not been claimed. Anthem is definitely known for quality gear.

I am very surprised. :o

I'm thinking this would make a sweet amp for an LCR.

My thoughts exactly.

Bill

Bump for Bill. I bought a pre-amp from Bill and the transaction was seamless. Great guy to deal with.

Yes indeed +1. I bought this PVA-5 amp from Bill and it came packaged for a nuclear disaster. Pefect shape, and would purchase from Bill again in the future.

Bugman Dan

Yes indeed +1. I bought this PVA-5 amp from Bill and it came packaged for a nuclear disaster. Pefect shape, and would purchase from Bill again in the future. Bugman Dan

Dan,

Thanks so much for the kind words. I had one shipping issue about four years ago that I promised myself would never happen again. Even though I packaged that item properly, Fed Ex still managed to damage the item. Lucky for me the recipient took great photos of the opened box and damaged contents and I was able to win my freight claim for all insured for and all shipping charges including shipping cost for Klipsch to send woofers to the buyer. Nothing remotely like that situation has happened since. Hence the "nuclear" protection. :D

I also want to thank you Dan for the seamless and wonderful transaction. Folks don't hesitate to deal with Dan just because of his "newbie" status, he is a top shelf guy.

Have a good time at Pinehurst(US Open) and enjoy your retirement.

Bill

Edited by willland