Cat saves child from dog attack

sunburnwilly

Cats are extremely intelligent, I'm 55 and grew up around cats my entire life since I was a baby. I own 3 cats now, strays that I have adopted. From what I saw on the News, the cat was a stray and followed the husband & wife home from a park, this is before the little boy was born. They adopted the cat even though she is allergic to cats. Tara the cat bonded with the little boy when he was a baby. She used to try and sleep with the little boy when he was a baby. The parents were constantly having to remove the cat from the crib. Tara the cat was defending her little boy, she loves him and knew that he was in danger and being hurt.

• Like 1

I didnt watch the video til now. Im very protective and love animals very much and kids that are on the planet...mostly because so many of both are abused...I was raised with dogs and now have an adopted cat. Not sure what provoked that dog although yes that dog should be put down and i really hate saying that...If it was the dogs first time doing this then the second time will be much easier...

a previous game warden and long time friend of mine told me in a pest situation drown it in a tub or feed it antifreeze...that game warden is very pro animal as well...my old ruger 22 single six is what i use

I didnt watch the video til now. Im very protective and love animals very much and kids that are on the planet...mostly because so many of both are abused...I was raised with dogs and now have an adopted cat. Not sure what provoked that dog although yes that dog should be put down and i really hate saying that...If it was the dogs first time doing this then the second time will be much easier...

a previous game warden and long time friend of mine told me in a pest situation drown it in a tub or feed it antifreeze...that game warden is very pro animal as well...my old ruger 22 single six is what i use

Was your game warden friend any kin to Michael Vick? Antifreeze, drowning? Really?

those were what he told me. im a huge pro animal person myself....as i mentioned those were not what i had done in a situation i had several years ago...

This guy is very well respected...and no the guy dont drink or do anything(and i mean anything) that is illegal...

My dad reacted the same way...he also called and was told the same thing...he has the other .22 in the pair of old rugers that our family has had...and i do not believe he has had to use it though in this fashion...he has humanly put animals down at his cost even for old people with dieing pets or animals...

edit: the game warden in particular said it would be illegal to shoot the pest...this was in a state i use to live in so i will protect where he lives...im just stating what i was told in person. i was as shocked as you

Edited by beeker
  • Like 2

Very cool to see the cat take care of the situation. Don't tell my wife this, but I actually don't mind cats. I just don't want to be the only one cleaning the cat box. If the cat went outside like the dogs I would get one.

• Like 1

I was raised with a basset hound and had many other dogs around...now i have to date adopted 6 cats not including my current cat and all in all just love and respect all animals...even when baby(or dog/cat) sitting for a month have had a lot of emotion detaching from the personalities of those i have watched in certain times breaking me into tears as a 30 some year old man then...I do not watch animals any longer although love them very dearly...

Kids as well...I have 1 and they are even more defenseless than animals at any age other than the first few months(animals)...

Anyhow...absolutely dogs or any pet for that matter need to be trained and it is upsetting to see a dog that has likely not been in a loving home rip into a childs leg like this. God bless the dogs heart ... this is the point in conversation i would reach into the book of psalm to point the direction of proper faith of any earth bearing blood filled creation ... once one crosses the gate too far or too many times or cannot be let out to pasture they must pay a visit to their creator.

• Like 2