Speakers for Garage

javelin

I have a 3-car garage that needs TLC, one side is full of junks, so it's a two-car garage...but that's beside the point.

I need a set of good speakers to hang in there - do you think two or four RS or SS would do? It will be powered by my old Pioneer receiver. I'd like something that can put out good volume to fill the garage so that I can enjoy listening to my classics as I play mechanic. : )

LOL your awesome bill!

I would buy either of those from bill they would be fine for a garage. And you can't beat the price.

LOL your awesome bill!

Thank you kind sir.

I would buy either of those from bill they would be fine for a garage. And you can't beat the price.

I am even considering buying the 3.1's from my buddy for my garage or back porch.

Bill

Those KSB are nice looking speakers - almost too nice for my messy garage.. ; ) . I made an offer to a local CL for a set of RS3 and if doesn't go through, I may consider those, that is if they will still be around.

Lol looking for four "surround" speakers and ended up with some pretty nice looking Cornwalls?

I think you have me mixed up with the original poster. I was just making a suggestion.

Maybe too much of a jump, but I actually have less invested in the corns than I would have in 4 used RS surrounds. (About $200)

Also that type of surround would not be very good for music. They are designed to provide a diffuse sound field.

Couple of things have changed since then - went for a trip to South Dakota for the holidays and came back with my CL offer refused. My 2011 Jeep ran into issues and wife wasn't happy with it - a quote from dealer is a $900 repair...ugh. Wife said trade that jeep in so we did over the weekend - she's the financial boss.

Now, bobdog made me jealous and so I'm gonna hold-out for a cornwall or heresy which ever comes first and price... : )

I have had heresys in the garage on tripods, a double stack of la Scala industrials and aw650s. The heresys were traded for some ksf10.5s to put in the living room and the la Scala's made their way to my 2 ch setup in the house. Still rocking the aw650s out in the garage though. Have them hanging from the ceiling in the corners with a jbl 10 on top of my toolbox. Even without the sub thy have plenty of bass and sound great. Get loud enough that cops have came to a one of our parties and told us to turn the bass down. Mind you this was during allowable sound ordinance hours so we didn't comply. 7:30 on a Saturday. They can hold their breath on that one. Have them out back too under the soffit without a sub and they image well.