WTB: RC-64

hybridamp

On a side note since you're in Lexington, did any dealer take the place of Ovation Audio in Lexington? That's where I used to purchase my reference items, but I know they've been out of business for several years.

Edited by hybridamp

Not that I know of. Barney Miller's is the only place that's selling the better stuff - I do miss Ovation. Where you around here when Playback was here?

The reason I asked for your location, I have a RC64. Though not for sale, we might work out a road test on it for your ear's enjoyment.

PM me your number if you're interested.

James

Thanks very much; that is very generous! I'm certain the RC-64 is the option I'm going with though so I won't trouble you with a demo. Basically, I have been using my RF-83 for hi-fi vinyl stereo listening, but I'm re-purposing them for home theater so I'm looking for a RC-64 to add to them.

My primary concern is if the Cherry finish on the current RC-64ii is the exact same as was on the previous generation RC-64(i) since my RF-83 Cherry are from the previous generation.

Indeed; I would still prefer Cherry over Black even if it isn't a great match. I thought I had found one of the reference IV's still in stock at a dealer, but it was the newer one instead.

The Reference speakers are all made of the same material. With EQ from an autocalibration system would most likely lead to no timber problem mixing the lines. I use an RC 64 with my RF 7's since an RC 7 was not available and could not be more pleased.