I'm Bummed, Not. Cherry RB-75's Are In The House

willland

All I can say is lucky dog, in a good way. Congrat Bill!

Thanks a bunch. Not sure what is going to drive these babies but right now the NAD T175HD/Acurus A200 combo has the honors and I am really liking what I hear.

I am contemplating a Cambridge Audio 840A integrated(120w/ch) and 840C CD player combo when I decide which room they are going in.

Bill

well what is the plan for these? which room will they occupy?

I have not decided. If I get a new(to me) computer desk that has the screen centered, then the 75's will be my computer "near field" speakers. If that does not happen, then the 75's will replace the 35's in the guest bedroom. Then I will eventually replace the beast(53+ lbs) NAD T773 AVR with a mid powered(125w to 150w/ch) integrated amp. I am considering a NAD C375BEE or Cambridge Audio 840A to handle the duties. The 35's will most likely be for sale to help recoupe some $$$.

Bill

+1 on near field use

I'm using RB5's on my PC desk. They get way more use than my main stereo does. I have to assume the 75s are an upgrade to the older 5s.

Enjoy your new toys

+1 on near field use

As mentioned in the other thread, if I can find the "right" computer desk, these will be perfect for near field listening.

I have to assume the 75s are an upgrade to the older 5s.

You have assumed correctly. I really loved the sound of my RB-5's. They were punchy and dynamic and played bigger than their size but did not sound as "big" as these 75's. Just from my brief demoing in my 6000+ ft3 family room, the 75's sounded just about as big as my RF-63's with it's free wheeling dynamics and taut bass.

Enjoy your new toys

Thank you sir.

Bill

Edited by willland

Okay, I know what is going to drive these babies, the not for sale anymore Cambridge Audio 640A v2 integrated amp that none of you clowns would buy even at the crazy low price listed. :angry::D

Thank you my forum brothers for not even considering it. ;):lol:

The RB-75's sound fantastic with the 640. Not that I doubted there would be synergy, but I never expected what I am currently hearing. I hope it does not change things for the worst when I move the rig to a much smaller room or to my computer desk.

Bill

These couldn't have went to a better guy! Bill, it was GREAT getting to chat with you. I'm sure everyone here already knows this, but Bill is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet ( right behind Youthman:-). Glad you like them- Enjoy!!

Bill is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet ( right behind Youthman:-).

Thanks Daryl, and I am okay with my place behind Youthman. ;):D

Just sent you the rest of the $$$.

Bill

Edited by willland
  • Like 1