Ideas for the new crossovers, active?

minermark

• Moderators
Temp Tunes Done been wired, OMFG!

It's just a start, sounding BIG.

To me it's not about the volume but how big and open big speakers sound, and they can do that a block away also, don't end up with flashing lights in your driveway. :D

Wife came in wile I had them wired straight, jumped all over me because all she could hear outside was the Bass, so iv had my thrill, they work, but my god the bass is unreal.

Crossovers are a must, got her old khorn xcrossovers and just may play around in the morning.

Some great people at EAW, im working with them now, (exchanging emails) it seems a whole bunch of employees run this stuff at home, so im late to the party.

Keep the ideas coming, will be buyin two more amps for sure (who would not want that anyway?)

Bouncing ideas around, got the time. :)

• Moderators

Congratulations just be careful. It's only going to get better the closer you get to what is recommended for them. Being some are using them like you this should give you some great ideas on getting the best out of them, good news.

I just noticed what you did the edges of your garage ceiling, very creative and smart !

:emotion-55: I know it would be almost impossible but you know what would be awesome, bring out to where you had the picture of your property in the middle of nowhere and have a big party and let them rip.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 2

Klipsch to the rescue !

The only things I have around here to play with were the old Khorn crossovers, so play around I have.

First I pulled the terminal connector panel(s)

LF Lower unit two terminals drive two subs

LF Lower unit second two terminals drive two subs. total 4 subs.

Horn second stack unit, pulled rear panel and found a brand spankin new two way crossover

first set of terminals on this horn are line level fed, second set of terminals are output for the tweeter up on the top cabinet, cool.

So knowing all I need to do is figure a way to filter out the mids and highs from the sub input.

Wife's Khorn parts to the rescue !

As you can see by the photo, scabbed in the lower Khorn filter. fired this bad boy up, yep, we be a rockin. :emotion-21::smile:

This will dam sure get me by until the other improvements become realty.

In listening to the scala double stacks, the fullness of this sound would equal four sets of scalas, no other way to describe it.

Kind of concert hall sound, like perfect for the room.

Edited by minermark

From having nothing but loud sound, bad, but loud, once again im back in the saddle, thank god those horn units not only had a built in crossover, but out put for the tweet. saved my azz.

as dumb as that thing looks sittin on the slab, this system sounds great.

• Moderators

I could just picture the wife's face when she opens the garage door walks in and sees Minermark sitting naked in a lawn chair sweating with a cold beer in one hand and a big smile on his face listening to his new giant toys. :D

• Like 1

I could just picture the wife's face when she opens the garage door walks in and sees Minermark sitting naked in a lawn chair sweating with a cold beer in one hand and a big smile on his face listening to his new giant toys. :D

No I have a regular man door w/entrance alarm, chirps when someone gets near the cave, also a sensor out on the front door because I never hear the doorbell.

Cool thing is no can sneak up on me, and when I get a pizzed off neighbor, all I do is look at my monitor.....got it covered.

Edited by minermark

Just for Dtel:

The EAW spec sheet calls for a 350 Hz crossover. Your K-horn low pass crossover spec is 450 Hz, which is close enough for your purposes and power input. You might also need to use the squawker 450 Hz high pass section of your K-horn crossover to prevent bass frequencies from getting to your mid horns (if your EAW built in squawker-tweeter crossover does not perform that function). Those are awesome looking speakers.

• Like 1

The EAW spec sheet calls for a 350 Hz crossover. Your K-horn low pass crossover spec is 450 Hz, which is close enough for your purposes and power input. You might also need to use the squawker 450 Hz high pass section of your K-horn crossover to prevent bass frequencies from getting to your mid horns (if your EAW built in squawker-tweeter crossover does not perform that function). Those are awesome looking speakers.

Thank you , until this morning pulling the panels to see what I have to work with, I had NO idea the horn section has a huge built in crossover, I was going to take a pic but id need to pull a sub to do it.

Right now im so pleased with the sound im sitting here at 18Wpc listing to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAkw_Wi4yIo Cracked open a Guinness and fired up a Maduro.

P.S. the neighbors are listening too :)

Edited by minermark

• Moderators

With an average of about 107 sensitivity and the watts they are capable of handling you will never be doing more than starting to warm them up at almost idle.

That is the a great thing about pro stuff, the rated distortion at the power you will use is at a small fraction of the specified distortion at full tilt, if a speaker rarely gets above idle there is no strain, it produces the sound with ease effortlessly .

• Like 1