*Gone* Onkyo PR-SC5507P for free

USNRET

Well my brothers my pre / pro failed a while back and it's been in the local BS shop for a while. It has video but no audio and was finally diagnosed as a failed HDMI board. I quizzed the closet authorized repair station (Houston) and based on the emails back and forth from "my guy" and Onkyo which I shared with them it seems that the board will cost somewhere between 280-500 bucks. I am not putting that into it since I bought the Marantz 8801 to replace it. Additionally, it seems that "My Guy" lost the microphone, remote, manual and power cord.

If someone has a need for this before Friday when the trash folks come I will send for price of shipping in factory case. It is in perfect cosmetic condition.

Edited by USNRET

Youtube has some DIY fixes for the Onk HDMI board, but I'm not sure which models.

"Free" sounds like a pretty good deal for someone who is not afraid to do some soldering.

+++

Edit; For instance:

Edited by wvu80

• 1 month later...

You are welcome. Sorry I could not regain custody of the accessories. With a new HDMI board installed by the factory service center as a gesture of good will I trust that it will serve you well as it is a nice pre pro. Thanks to all from other forums that led us being able to get this thing fixed at no charge. It was an adventure.

Edited by USNRET

You are welcome. Sorry I could not regain custody of the accessories. With a new HDMI board installed by the factory service center as a gesture of good will I trust that it will serve you well as it is a nice pre pro. Thanks to all from other forums that led us being able to get this thing fixed at no charge. It was an adventure.

I've heard that getting their bad boards repaired for free can be a pita. I have the press release saved stating they will fix even after warranty period has expired. Mine's been trouble free so far and hopefully continues.

Glad it worked out for both of you.

I've heard that getting their bad boards repaired for free can be a pita.

Onkyo repaired my RC-360 receiver out of warranty, with only a little arm twisting.

USNRET got the email agreeing to repair it after he shipped it to me and helped get the RMA number for the repair. I dropped it off at the Onkyo authorized repair place (~25 mi from work). They had it repaired within 24 hours, now I get to play thanks to USNRET.