Make this decision for me...

Guest Steven1963

Guest Steven1963

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/msg/4512719003.html

This would be a 2hr drive for me. I don't really need them but I don't really NOT need them, either. I was looking for a 2nd pair of scalas but I would consider these. How do Cornwalls and Scalas sound together? Also, if I didn't keep them I think I could flip them and make 2 or 3 hundred.

What is the consensus here? Would you guys drive 2 hours for them?

Steve

flipping them and making 2-3 hundred ain't gonna happen.

looks like they were decorators from the factory and someone added the moulding and the grills. I wouldn't pay 700 for them cause I would want a nice veneer on them

if they were factory decorators ( no moulding no cloth ) birch raw in mint condition I say go get them.

Edited by Budman

Guest Steven1963

mmm...3 strikes. One sort of 'maybe.' Interesting. The meter is tilting strongly to 'NO.'

Edited by Steven1963

its not that their not worth $700 and i think they are its just that their not worth 700 to me. better pictures would be nice. cloth looks mint, has the correct 78 laser logos. just need more pics of the cabs.

Edited by Budman
  • Like 1

Guest Steven1963

its not that their not worth $700 and i think they are its just that their not worth 700 to me. better pictures would be nice.

Exactly. Around these parts Cornwalls are routinely listed for $1,000. I don't know if they are selling for that, but always listed for that. They are Decorators - I asked for the serial #. The grill additions looks to be well done from what I can see in the photos...they even added the laser logos which is authentic for the period they were made.

I agree...better photos are needed.

Edited by Steven1963
  • Like 1

Guest Steven1963

The pics could be much better.

Deals can be found, I picked up my pair of Walnut CW2, in nice shape ... well a plant ring on one (gotta love ladies decorating on our speakers) for $500 a few years ago. For $700 on those, keep looking.

Ain't it the truth? My wife got a new plant and set it right on top of my amplifier with nothing more than a dinner plate under it...