Question about speaker purchase

jcgill

Someone out here posted somewhere a starting point, and I think the rationale was 50% of the cost of new (at that time), and then +/- based on condition. That seems pretty accurate. I paid $1,600 11 years ago new, but also purchased the whole RF-7 system, so the dealer worked with me. $800 - $1,000 seems pretty accurate for a very clean pair. There has been a pair on CL in Chicago at $1,200 and they aren't selling. I saw a cherry pair of RF-7II's this Spring for $1,450 and thought that was very fair. Wished I had the cash, I would have pulled the trigger. Original boxes are a plus...kind of tells me the owner had pride in them and would do anything to protect them if a move was needed. On the other hand, dented dust caps and/or creased woofers, tell me they weren't taken care of properly. If pets or kids are in the mix, the grills should have stayed on. $850 with original boxes was a good price Philly.