Hurricane season 2014

dtel

Thanks all for the well wishes.  The last text I got stated that the airport was down.  He also stated that he's now staying in the basement of the hotel with 200 of his newest friends.  I'm sure he'll have a bunch of stories and pictures when he returns.  At least neither one of them was hurt.

What an ordeal.  I got a text from my brother today.  Basically the Mexican government is doing nothing.  They have gotten a vehicle somehow and are going to try to drive to LaPaz.  From there catch a 16 hour ferry ride across the gulf of California to Mazatlan and from there try to get a flight stateside.  Good golly.

• Moderators
CECAA850, on 17 Sept 2014 - 4:13 PM, said: Basically the Mexican government is doing nothing.

That's Mexico, think progress in the US takes forever, they have a different level of slow down there. Think Mexico is slow try Jamaica, there almost going backwards. :o

Once we sat in a restaurant/bar in Jamaica for a couple hours eating and drinking, it was time to leave so we asked for the check, no one had a clue or really appeared to care even if we walked out. It took the manager to come ask us what we had to give us a bill, and he really didn't seem worried about it either. 

We told the cab driver about it and he laughed and said "no problem, just a situation, it's Jamaica mon".

Well they surely cannot forget there honeymoon, I wonder if they even got much honeymooning done, don't sound like it ? 

If the rest of there marriage is going to be like this it's going to be an adventure !

Edited by dtel

​Back in ’85 i was in Hurricane Gloria.  In the Coast Guard and was doing some time in Yorktown.  I was disappointed because i slept through it…my first and only hurricane.  I was taking a cruise a few years ago and we encountered a cyclone…can’t recall if it was Force 9 or Force 10 on the Beaufort Scale--the winds were actually 70+mph; however, the waves were only 7.5 meters (22’ - 23’) :( (I prefer rougher seas).

Edited by BigStewMan

• Moderators

Had to go back and read, so they got there about a day or so before it hit. I guess from the minute they got there all the locals were preparing so they never even had one normal day the whole trip.  

I hope there ok, it's a lot to go through when you were expecting a great time and not one day turned out as planned. Glad there safe at least which is probably how they feel, they may need a break when the get back home from all of this. Hopefully they laugh about this 30 years from now on there Anniversary .