Reasonable price for KLF 30

orangecow

I still need to listen of course, but I've got a confirmed seller who claims great condition and I got him down to $700. does that seem fair to everyone else? are they considered a rarity or is one one selling them because they just don't want to?

• Like 1

$700 is a pretty fair price. Although depending on when they were made and/or if someone has already tried to fix the baffles you might have to do some work to keep the baffles from vibrating. I had to fix both pairs of mine...but it was totally worth it :)

I removed both baffles which made it easy to add more bracing inside, remove some melamine, restain the cabinets, upgrade crossovers, and add ti diaphragms. Since i sent in the crossovers to crites to replace the caps and added ti diaphragms (that was most of the cost), it was a least 200 for upgrades.

However, you don't have to do any of the upgrades as i did, it's totally up to you as i remember they sounded pretty good stock when i first got mine. But if i remember right, the ones made from 2000-01 didn't have glue issues so you don't have to take them apart if you don't want. If you can get a pic of the label i'm sure someone can tell you what year they were made.

Here are two great threads that may help you.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/149051-klipsch-klf-30/

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/149307-another-klf-20-brace-job-plus-refinish/

I've bought/sold a few pair, I think I have gotten $700 (black few blemishes), $800 (oak decent), and $900 (good condition black with glass tops and boxes).

The Chicago market is a little higher than most. $700 is fair, I would go a bit higher for mahogany, they are gorgeous and I kept that pair.

Good luck with your purchase. They are great speakers.