Getting KPT-904s, should I stick with SVS or go kpt-884?

plissken99

That's cause the 684 is a monster above 40 hz. The 884 is flat to 18. Don't get much better than that.

I considered buying this 884 from Bill but just wanted to go with dual subs. They go down to 18 as well. I use them for music only. My H/T is 4 Khorns and a SVS PB/Ultra/2 for movies and the front Khorns with 2 RSW-15's for music and sounds fantastic. The 15's seem to be very musical.

Edited by davis419b

I already got a pair of 904's from a guy here in Denver, Dan Mueller. He sold me one of his two pairs. He knows another guy selling a pair, he's gonna buy one and I'll buy the other so we each get a center.

Mostly movies, the occasional concert blu ray. Really I'm happy with my bass, but then I've been happy with RF-7's going on a decade till now. :) Plus all the new standards seem to like 2 subs.

Are they KPT-904-lf-n or KPT-904-lf-m for the serial number ?

I have experience with both the '99 vintage crossover and the '99 style crossover schematic design using brand new components from Bob Crites. The difference was indistinguishable.

I also have extensive experience with the kpt-884. When coupled with the Xti amp, it is the best subwoofer I have heard, including most of the internally amplified 15" subs from Klipsch. You will not be disappointed. It is digs deep while remaining extremely clean.