Monster Inspiration ANC Headphones $99

johnnydrama

Monster is blowing these out on eBay for $99 usually $349. Apparently they are NEW condition and not Refurbished, they just have damaged boxes. They also offer them in 2 colors, Silver & Titanium. I've owned these before and replaced them with Bowers & Wilkins P5s but am going back because I miss having Active Noise Cancelling. The only time I wear headphones is while flying and I'm traveling much more so this is an important feature that my Bowers & Wilkins lack. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monster-Inspiration-Active-Noise-Cancelling-Over-Ear-Headphones-Multiple-Colors-/121417566363?pt=US_Headphones&var=&hash=item1c450d089b

Based on your recommendation, I also ordered a pair.  I wanted the "deal" and I wanted the noise-canceling feature.  My son is in the USAF in Germany (see my avatar) so if he wants them for the long plane rides from Germany to the US, they are his.  If not, I get a good set of headphones.  Mine should be here Wed.

I also wondered about the price.  The "retail" is $349 and looks like they sold on the web site for $229.  Still, dropping them to $99 due to "damaged box" seems odd to me, a fairly large discount for a blem box.  I wonder if the company dropped the price so drastically because they needed to raise some quick capital for some reason?  I don't know anything about the Monster company.  Is this the same company that sells Monster cable?

Edited by wvu80

Based on your recommendation, I also ordered a pair.  I wanted the "deal" and I wanted the noise-canceling feature.  My son is in the USAF in Germany (see my avatar) so if he wants them for the long plane rides from Germany to the US, they are his.  If not, I get a good set of headphones.  Mine should be here Wed.

I also wondered about the price.  The "retail" is $349 and looks like they sold on the web site for $229.  Still, dropping them to $99 due to "damaged box" seems odd to me, a fairly large discount for a blem box.  I wonder if the company dropped the price so drastically because they needed to raise some quick capital for some reason?  I don't know anything about the Monster company.  Is this the same company that sells Monster cable?

This is the same company that sells Monster cables. They are also the company that designed the original Beats by Dre that created this whole headphone market. Don't worry, if you read reviews, these sound much better than Beats!

In regards to the price, these have been out for close to 2 years now I believe. Generally companies do this right before they release a new model or an updated model to rid themselves of inventory. That would be my best guess for why they have these priced at $99. And from the looks of it it seems to be working, they are selling a couple hundred a day on eBay.

I read somewhere that Monster went together with another artist and was designing a new headphone line ( this was 6 months ago or so) I would guess the sale is as stated, an attempt to sell off old stock before offering a new line

Yea most Headphone companies are leveraging artist, or celebrities in general to push headphones. Monster has already released several in ear models linked to Miles Davis, and Earth, Wind, and Fire. It wouldn't surprise me if their next over the ear model is tied to an artist as well. 

Yea I've enjoyed mine since they showed up on Monday. I had a Black Titanium set originally that I sold earlier this year when I inherited the B&W P5s. I ordered the Silver this time for something different and bought a brown headband on eBay for $7.95 to throw on them and they look really sharp. Yea I see where the sale is ending shortly, so grab em while you can. 

Edited by johnnydrama