Schumann Resonance?

Arash

Pseudoscience, (IMO) because i built a few 30+ years ago, and yes you really can feel/hear/sense a little something more around you.

A couple buds in the lab chimed in with something we had yet to discover, RF, and not the good kind.

Project(s) trashed, after all, if you cannot trust techs from Hughes/TRW, who can you trust?

Found fiddling w/lasers much safer.

• Like 2

this is it. Acoustic Revive RR-777. I also did some correction. the frequency adjustment potentiometer was 10K which was a vile mistake. it should be turned all the way up to set frequency to ~7.8hz. I replaced it with 25k pot, it will set to 7.8hz in the middle of it's range so there is more room for adjustment.

the Protel file could be mailed if anyone is interested.

I think whom designed RR-777 was a newbie to electronics. stand up resistors in such circuits result in noise.

all in all this is a very simple circuit. actually it's pretty funny. funniest thing is that this simple device is being sold for 450 to 650USD! the OPAmp is HA17358 (LM358, HA358) which delivers a sine wave with least accuracy and high distortion. it's pretty cheap. I can design a very complicated device with something far better (XR2206 for example) with variable output power, LCD display for fine frequency tuning and a true SMPS PSU insuring circuit stamina and stability. a programmable time schedule for automatic on/off functions and alot more and all these for less than 200USD.

http://www.space-tech-lab.com/SP-SR-100.htm

post-41711-0-44320000-1411195519_thumb.g

Edited by Arash
  • Like 2

any interest here for Acoustic Revive RR-777 schematic or PCB layout? I opened one and pencil drew schematic and soon a PCB will be ready to use.

I can't digest how a device with 20USD parts will go out there for 600USD!

Neither can I.  I think the price is set by what the market will pay.

Nice work Arash. Is that design something you would plug into a wall socket then?

thanks man. actually the circuit works with 12VDC so a 110/220 to 12V (2A) wall adapter will do the job.

the circuit is simple but effective. Acoustic Revive is the most famous Schumann Resonator among audiophiles but sure it's not the best. it just works. I think everyone should have one or two in the listening room but not against hundreds of dollars! I think if a certain number of members here are interested in this device, they can just order PCB on quantities. I think 5USD for PCB. 5 USD for all parts needed. 5USD for adapter and 5USD for a plastic box. it will sum up to ~20USD. it's worthwhile. I mean it.

any interest here for Acoustic Revive RR-777 schematic or PCB layout? I opened one and pencil drew schematic and soon a PCB will be ready to use.

I can't digest how a device with 20USD parts will go out there for 600USD!

Neither can I.  I think the price is set by what the market will pay.

buyer should avoid getting involved in such a hellholes.

• Like 1

Not to be confused with the Schu Resonance - The gross feeling you get when reading his thread craps in the Garage Sale forum.

I think I'm facing a language barrier here. I didn't get what you mean.

thanks anyway,

It was unrelated to your thread and also not really needed.  Your English is fine.

• Like 2

recently I had an experience of testing a Schumann ultra low frequency resonator in an audio setup and the result was unbelievable. before listening session my friend invited me I thought "hell no! he must be crazy!  I'm sure there will be some 9n high purity snake oil..." but the difference was easily detectable. the device we tested was an Acoustic Revive RR777 a 450USD product from Japan. building such a oscillator is pretty easy and I may be able to open up that device for a exact schematic. I don't think building one will cost more than 20USD for a DIY project. any idea?

http://diybrainhacking.wordpress.com/

http://www.kellyresearchtech.com/ very good quality very inexpensive. I have the portable unit I installed a much larger antenna in mine.

• Like 1