Which would you keep?

colterphoto1

KP201, a Heresy II in battle dress (with pro network), mine are minty with the perf metal grills. They live on shelves in my workshop opposite the MCM's, and are flipped upside down so horn away from ceiling, with grill flipped back so logo appears correctly. I have them wired reverse L/R so that anywhere you stand in the field of 4 speakers you are in front of a Left and Right. 

KP262 , two way later-day trapezoid cabinet voiced for voice. These are white with white grilles from a church. BobC did a network repair on one autoformer, I've installed all new drivers - they sound sweet, much flatter response than the KP250. They'd hang in the workshop ok, but tough to carry around due to lack of handles, jack cup, and their depth. 

KP250 - basic black with all pro hardware. These I use for my 'speaker-on stick' rig I can load into my car, also use them for surrounds with the outdoor theater when I do that. Worse sounding of the bunch sadly, but with the 200 watt woofer and two huge ports, it's louder but at the sacrifice of LF. 

Hmmm... a worker here at the house is waving money at me for a pair of garage speakers and I'm at the point where there is nothing I have for his price point that I can stand to get rid of... what to do, what to do? 

The 201s are serving you well . . . and you even have turned them upside and reoriented the logos. There is a lot of work invested there . . . L/R matched too! Keep 'me in place.

The 250s seve a practical function for you . . . "On the road again!"

The 262s? White, Michael? White? :-). Swap out the new drivers you installed for some good serviceable one laying around your shop and sell the 262s.

Or physically swap the 262s in the shop for the 201s.

Make the 201s the new road show speakers.

And sell him the 250s since you do not love the sound of them anyway.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...