KW-120-THX times 4!

bhenry

Holy smokes! I replaced two RSW-15's with four KW-120-THX's and two KA-1000-THX's and after playing around with placement, crossover and volume settings I'm very impressed. Right now I'm using a couple of my water damaged RF-3's for mains right now but look forward to hearing the Klipschorns with these.

• Like 2

Holy smokes! I replaced two RSW-15's with four KW-120-THX's and two KA-1000-THX's and after playing around with placement, crossover and volume settings I'm very impressed. Right now I'm using a couple of my water damaged RF-3's for mains right now but look forward to hearing the Klipschorns with these.

NICE :-)

bhenry were you the member that had the basement flood?

Yea I to see some pics to.......

Holy smokes!

very impressed.

Hey now, you're not allowed to have that kind of reaction with residential oriented Klipsch subs according to some people here, it's a rule or something. It has to say SVS or have the number "18" on it.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

That's me! Mr. Floody Pants.

I went through all of the options and in the end I bought these because they got good reviews and I'm kind of loyal to Klipsch. Plus, I like that they're made in the USA.

I checked out the Danley subs and they are in the same ballpark price-wise as this set-up but they're so damn huge!

I hope they work well with my Klipschorns, too.

I will post pictures of the re-building ASAP.

Edited by bhenry
  • Like 1

Holy smokes!

very impressed.

Hey now, you're not allowed to have that kind of reaction with residential oriented Klipsch subs according to some people here, it's a rule or something. It has to say SVS or have the number "18" on it.
wrong metro! There are a few good Klipsch subs. These are one of the few. And it's not a rule at all. Aren't we allowed to speak our thoughts regardless of what brand they are?
  • Like 2

Aren't we allowed to speak our thoughts regardless of what brand they are?

Yeah it's just the whole more or less calling BS when somebody does that gets me. :) Regardless, I'm sure these are quite nice especially with four, I have no reason to doubt that the results were anything less than exceptional. Besides, I'm just ribbing people anyway, it's the American thing to do. ;)

Right on!

As far as placement goes I currently have two in the front left corner and two on the side left corner next to my "sweet spot".

I'm just playing around with them for right now. Every wall in my basement has the drywall torn out from about 2' up from the floor because of flooding so this is not a perfect testing environment. Plus, I won't be able to leave them in the front corner where I have them now because that's where th Klipshorns will go so I'm not sure if I'll have the same results once they're in the final resting place. I'm just trying to get an idea of what they are capable of.

I'm also considering putting an additional wall up in my basement to make the area where my theater is smaller. I think that would help get the bass a little better. I still want a bit more but I'm this close!