To Upgrade or Not

Jim

As a kid, we went to Hearst, Ontario a few times. Mostly Northern's, Walley and Yellow Perch. To this day, Walley is my favorite fish to eat.
Very cool area! When I was in high school and a little after, I went canoeing above Minnesota, leaving out of Ely, across into the Quetico Prov. Park. I don't really enjoy fishing, but the walleye were superb.

Bruce

• Moderators
Jim, on 02 Nov 2014 - 11:01 PM, said:

Tasdom, on 02 Nov 2014 - 10:59 PM, said:

Very nice! I could get carried away too. Tons of pictures from 8 consecutive Canadian trips. I'll save em for another thread tho.... :)

same here, don't want to get into trouble when I just signed up here.

:o  You started this thread, go crazy who could complain ? :lol:  If it we me I would start another thread, there cheap :D at least the pics would all be in one place, it's up to you, don't know how you could get in trouble unless the fish are held by naked people. :o  :P

Unfortunately for me, I don't have anyone I can drag to go places with,lol. Wife and kids love to camp but hate fishing,and only go in summer time. Friends that I used to travel with are no longer around, so it's me, myself, and I.  I do the tent thing, and sometimes will rent a room depending on where I go. Had a pop up camper but got rid of it.Wished I would've kept it.

Mustang ,you must have a very large room for all those La Scalas. I feel like a little kid looking up to an adult when I see some of the speakers and HT setups on here.

I have a friend in Cherry Hill who has a place at the same lake as mine. You anywhere near there? He's a chef.

Welcome Jim, I understand the budget thing for sure, just do a little at a time when you can.

Maby try gluing some really pointy spikes on the sides of the speakers so they don't get knocked over, they will learn quickly to leave them alone. :o Never tried the spikes but our kids and grandkids know they better not touch them, if they don't want a foot inserted in there backside. 

Perhaps something involving electricity would be effective?

Awesome! Let us know when you get it all put together...

Well the 1st set of S-3's arrived and the c-25. The S-3's are a lot larger than I expected.My other surround speakers were set facing towards me on either side of the wall where the couch is about 8-9 feet from the main seating area and about 5.5 to 6 feet off the ground. Should these also face me from the side, or the back wall which is about 2 feet behind the couch as one side of the tweeters is right up against the wall. If I do put them on the rear wall they will still be wider than the couch and will then be about 7 feet off the floor due to large doorway. The other set is going to be used as front height and I have a set for front wides already in. So I will be adding a amp to push the 8th/9th channel as it's a 7.2 receiver. The wides most likely are going to be moved about a foot or two in front of the mains and about 7 feet high also. Right now they are 2 of the KSB's and are on brackets facing on pigeon toed and about  4.5 feet off the floor and 12 feet from either side of seating center point.