Got screwed, guess I have to piece it together

Orange Peel

Well the ebay deal I was working on fell through, he said that a lot of people were asking him to close the auction and sell early, AFTER me of course. So he decided to keep the auction open and see where it goes. Oh well. So I'm thinking of buying a set of RF-3 II's on ebay from one of the wholesalers for around $400, and then buying a center, and rears after that, either from someone here selling stuff or ebay, etc.

Man that pisses me off. Good things come to those that wait I guess huh? cwm1.gif

Thanks for ALL the help deciding on what to get and such, I really appreciate it, there's a lot of great people on this board!

Scott

Hi Scott,

Did you notice how many Polksters had good things to say about Klipsch?

I really like the parts about how Klipsch is an "in your face speaker" and "really puts you there". Oh, how true it is.

But of course, if you want the laid back, put you to sleep, softer tone loudspeaker, then i guess you know where to go. Ha Ha Ha Ha .

I too, have gone through the exact same thing you are going through.

Gotta get your moneys' worth in sound quality.

Aside from my currently expanding klipsch inventory, I also have some Polks, Vegas, Pioneers, JBLs, RCAs, Jensens, and Missions.

Nothing really fancy, just cheap enough to justify buying them. For experimental purposes only. LOL.

Well, needless to say, i've now invested a small fortune into my Klipsch. I wish i could have gotten into this before the reference line came out. Some of the stuff in the legend line in awesome. I'm currently looking at a pair of KLF-30s, unfortunately the guy wants too much for them. Tough decision. Hate putting good money after bad. Maybe he's flexible. We'll see

Congratulations on your decision.

I hope you get the sound your looking for.

Enjoy the sh** out of whatever you choose!

------------------

You should of heard just what I've seen.

Audio - I take it you saw my username over there asking about Polk stuff and Klispch stuff eh? Smile.gif Yeah, I just can't figure this crap out man, which should I buy, which shouldn't I buy, etc etc.

I will see how the RF stuff sounds tonight, I like the Synergy 2's, so I'm sure I will like the Reference stuff, I really just want to buy it once, and have that system last me a while.

I saw some RF center channels for sale on ebay for mid $200's, so I could get the RF-3 II towers and the center for about $700, and then save for some nice rears and a great sub. I have the RM6000 from Polk right now, so I will just use the left over pieces from it to have a complete 5.1 setup. I will use the 8" powered sub and the small rear sats for the surround. Hopefully I can find matching equipement down the road, like the RF series rears, and I really don't care if the sub is Klipsch, I'm actually kinda thinking of getting the Polk PSW650. A dual 10" woofer setup, and it's supposed to kick some you know what for a decent price, I believe a local store here in AZ has it for $650 retail, I can get some off of that too.

I'll keep everyone posted on what I think of the RF stuff.

Scott

No joke.

Choosing the set up that works for you can be a major pain. I've went through 36 sets of speakers and still find myself questioning my decisions (occasioally). Yeah , I am enjoying messing with those guys over there. They're a little less serious about their gear, but just as passionate about their sound. I think it has something to do with Investment vs. Personal Importance. I'm glad to see your exploring your options. It's important to do your homework on these issues. It can save time and money.

Time: to play with your gear more.

Money: to buy more gear to play with.

BTW i've heard the PS650. It does rock!

------------------

You should of heard just what I've seen.

That sucks about the auction. It'll be interesting to see what it ends at.

I think you'll be looking at closer to $550 for the RF-3 II's on ebay from one of the wholesalers. Most of the reserve prices seem to be right about that, plus shipping of course. Sorry, not trying to bum you out, just want you to have accurate info to plan with.

You might try calling one of them directly to see if they can cut you a break by buying the towers and center together, or at least save you some $ on shipping. That's what I did for my SF-2's and got them for $429 including shipping, new.

Orange Peel,

I have an RC-3 that I just replaced. I would be willing to sell. Send me an email if you are interested.

-ScottWavey.gif

------------------

BobG modified Forte II's

KG-4 Surrounds

Academy Center

DIY Sub based on Adire Audio Shiva Woofer

Sony DB830

First off let me tell everyone what I thought of the RF-3 II stuff I heard lastnight. I 3.5 words, I'M IN LOVE! My lord they sounded great!! I didn't get to hear the RC-3 center because their center demo's weren't working, oh well. The fronts sounded beautiful, the surrounds, the RS-3's sounded AMAZING! They were LOUD, I'm not sure about what the store had setup, but they were louder than the fronts. The guy used a Denon 2802 to run the system, I told him I have a HK 125, so anything that is comparable to that I would like to hear the speakers on. He said all they had in this room was high-end stuff, so he wasn't sure he had something with that little power. The HK puts out, according the manual, 55w per channel in stereo, and 45w to every channel in 5.1, not that great I guess. Anyways, I REALLY want the RF series stuff for sure. Now the question is where to buy it!? =) Thanks for ALL the support and help, I can't wait to get this stuff in my house!!!!! I did turn on the RF-7 stuff for shits and giggles, man I was giggling like a little baby, WOW! They really crank out some sound, "drool" =)

Audio - hehe, you're funny. They are a great bunch of folks over there too, they gave me a lot of advice too. I kinda hate being the newbie that doesn't know anything. I'm used to people asking me questions about car stuff and knowing the answers, man, the tables have turned Smile.gif I still haven't heard the Polk PSW650, I plan too though Smile.gif Doug Drake emailed me a link to some SVS subs, for around the same price, but man, those things are tall, 39" tall to be exact! But I bet they make some serious sound Smile.gif

Tripod - Yeah it does suck. Thanks for telling me he ended it early, and NO, it wasn't for me, what a **** ! I guess someone offered him more than my $900. Oh well. Yeah I did look again on ebay and $550 does sound right. Who did you cann to get the price down and shipping free? I will try it too.

Scott - I'll email after this post, thanks!

Boa12 - Thanks for the info. The RB-3 & 5 you mention, would that be for my surrounds? Or should I get the RS-3's?

Scott

This message has been edited by Orange Peel on 07-31-2002 at 10:39 AM

Are you interested in new or used? I have RF-3's/RC-3 that I am willing to sell, and will include a set of IXOS BI-Wire Cables too. Cables have large spade connectors on speaker ends, no connectors on amp ends. IXOS 6002 SUPER GAMMA 7 SPK BI-WIRES are an 8' or 9' pair. Can verify current BI-Wire price here: http://64.105.115.131/aless4/Corporate/itemdesc.asp?cartid=5792140HVL-A CCWARE-CC241&ic=IXOS%2D6002&tpc=

Have original manuals and boxes for all speakers. All items in excellent condition with less than six months actual usage. If you or others are interested shoot me an email.

Regards,

Wes

Note: Presently I'm at work and its difficult to get to my personal mail, as well as back to previous post here. Will response as soon as possible.

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 07-31-2002 at 11:06 AM

Opie - Only the SVS 20-39 is 39" tall. The 25-31 is 31" tall, so it's not quite as imposing. I think they look very cool. Unfortunately, mine's hidden behind a curtain, but out in the open they are certain conversation pieces. Besides, it will really test how much your wife loves you (LOL)?

I'm always amazed at the ability of sales people to adopt an attitude about the equipment their customers already have (maybe I'm reading too much into it). They need to read "How to win friends and influence people." There is loads of "high-end" equipment that puts out fewer watts than your HK. It's not always about quantity as much as it is quality, especially those first few watts that get the speakers up and running!

Doug

------------------

My System

Doug, yeah I see that there's a difference in the height, either way, they are both tall cwm20.gif

I would love to hear the SVS sub and compare it to the Polk PSW650 before I bought either. Does any local stores carry SVS?

Yeah this sales guy was a dipshit. I told him I could get the RF-3II's on ebay from a distributor for $550, and he was amazed. He then said, "Hold on, I got a page, I'll be right back" I think he went to talk with the manager or someone. He came back and was asking me again where I could get them for that cost, and said, "You're probably better off going with those guys then", about 5 seconds after that, he said, "I got another page, I'll be back" I never saw him again. Smile.gif

Scott

You asked for a good Klipsch dealer? Ovation audio in Indianapolis, Indiana has great stores. Ovation-Castleton 6609 East 82nd Street Indianapolis, IN 46250 317-849-7729. You should ask for Greg Mayes. He is Pro Klipsch, and listens to customers too. Here is the link.

http://www.ovation-av.com/ov2000/contact.htm

I think Ovation was the dealer of the year for Klipsch sales wise, so you will be treated here right. Can also order online and, if your out of state, I think you will save on taxes as an added bonus. Just a thought.