2 Different Subs With Complementary Purposes?

JiminSTL

Great looking room bill. Have you considered putting some panels up? I bet you would hear an upgrade. 

Thanks for the kind words.  Panels may not pass the WAF unless I make custom ones or buy very decorative ones.  Drapes, tapestries, and a larger area rug may just tame my large "live" room.

Bill

Posters, your words and ideas are helping me.  

I do have my Synergy Sub-10 hooked up, but the fact is that I cannot really say that I notice any effect from it.  So, as part of the KLF-10 and KLF-C7 purchase I made recently, the previous owner "threw in" the LT-10 sub (with the one 10" active woofer, and the 2 10" passive ones) for me.

I do not know how to hook it up behind my Pioneer Elite SC-35 7.1 receiver.  If I want to see if both/neither/or one of the subs really is working properly (within my listening area, which I know really is too large for the subs), how would I go about hooking them both up "to see"?

• Do I need to get some kind of splitter to put into the receiver, so that it can accept the inputs from the two subs?
  • One sub is likely to be placed about 15-20 feet of cable length from the receiver, and the other about 12 feet.
  • Might I get whatever cable(s) might be necessary from a place like Monoprice, and not spend too much money simply to see what I actually have?
  • If yes to above, what do you think will work properly?

My suspicion is becoming increasingly strong that I am likely end up w/ a couple of DIY 15" Dayton or SI build projects, but I want to see what I really have and learn from this experience.  It might be that one or both subs might be very suitable for a family member--if I am certain that they both are working properly, and that they might be a good fit elsewhere.  Otherwise, I am sure they will benefit someone here or CL who is not facing the cubic footage challenge I am.

Again, thanks to all for your help and interest!

My suspicion is becoming increasingly strong that I am likely end up w/ a couple of DIY 15" Dayton or SI build projects, but I want to see what I really have and learn from this experience.  It might be that one or both subs might be very suitable for a family member--if I am certain that they both are working properly, and that they might be a good fit elsewhere.  Otherwise, I am sure they will benefit someone here or CL who is not facing the cubic footage challenge I am.

My offer still stands, I have two Klipsch 15's and two Dayton 18's right next to a 9,000 cubic foot room, come see for yourself what it would take to fill up a large room to your liking, I'm 3 hours away from you.  It would be a heck of a lot cheaper to do that than to dive into a big project not knowing exactly what you're going to end up with.  

If you need two good subs, call Chase subwoofer and see if he has any of the VS 18.1's for $500.  These will work in  a large room or open concept room.  They are on the large side but, that is what you may need.  The wife will get use to them.  Buy her something also, lol.

I am split all over the place, lol, The one signal is split for 5 amps.

Me too. :lol: 

B15

right RT-10d

NAD pre/pro 

left RT-10d

SB13 Plus

• Like 1

Great looking room bill. Have you considered putting some panels up? I bet you would hear an upgrade. 

Thanks for the kind words.  Panels may not pass the WAF unless I make custom ones or buy very decorative ones.  Drapes, tapestries, and a larger area rug may just tame my large "live" room.

Bill

What I did to get panels in the family room. I pulled up the sight and asked her to pic out the colors she would want. Then ordered them :)

• Like 1