Klipsch source material

AaronH

I had a $100 samsung bd and jumped to the pioneer elite bd62 and I could tell a big difference in sound and a little in picture. Loading speed is faster and there is less noise when loading.

I have one of the Pioneer BDP, I forget which one.  It was slow and lacked features that my Samsungs have.  The PQ was great and it would sink with the Pioneer avr for slightly better audio.  Overall, the Pioneer is in the closet and I use several Samsungs.

For those that missed it, Scrappy added the video to his previous post where a gentleman compared the PS3 to the Oppo BDP 95. Cool video. Thx for sharing Scrappy.

Darn, I have to go back in this thread to see the video!

I have the 105.  If it was just a DAC for my music server it is worth what it cost.  If it was just a CD/SACD player it would be worth every penny.  The fact that it is both plus one of the best bluray players you can buy makes it a no brainer for me. As a source for 2 channel listening it is much better than the cheap players.  As a movie player it is better but if that is all I did with it I would have spent less.

• Like 1

Think of it this way....some of us like Heritage...some like Reference...some who got enough go for Palladium.... I own Oppo but if I had have kids or ever thought about playing a video game I would most likely have a play station.   Yes the PS3 or 4 does a great job of playing bluray.  But most bluray players are compared to the benckmark Oppo

• 2 months later...

Sorry to revive my thread from November, I decided to take the plunge and at least try the Oppo 103 out. If I don't like it, I'll return it. Question: My Yamaha 1030 will handle the audio because it shares the same DAC as the Oppo 103 (ESS SABRE) but I assume that the Marvel chip will be a better processor than the chip in the Yamaha for video? Any of you know what kind of chip Yamaha uses for video processing? Thanks

To me, the PS "Value" is the fact that it is a Gaming System that also is a Bluray player, media server, and has internet capabilities and media support (ie. netflix, youtube).  I have never felt that the PS was a Bluray player with the added bonus of a gaming system.  I guess that's why I say I personally would not invest $500 + in an Oppo.

For the record, I'm not trying to argue that the Oppo is not worth $500 or $1300 for the top end Oppo (although that would be very difficult for me to justify myself).  My main question was can you visually see a significant difference in PQ and is there a significant audio improvement in the Oppo vs the Playstation.  Some say yes, some say no.  I guess I'll just have to wait for a "Youthman Oppo Deal" to come along so I can find out for myself.  :P

Im with you on the gaming system. I like watching movies with 5.1 surround but games in my opinion are far more engaging. Being able to have the sounds swirl around you in real time is pretty awesome. First person shooters are fun but Forza 4 is my favorite, I love cranking the volume up and driving my 800 hp '70 Chevelle with a twin screw supercharger. Its a very violent but satisfying audio experience.  B)

Its pretty cool how they recorded the car sounds:

Edited by twk123