For those who like speed on the street/road TT2014

moray james

Moray have you ever gone to the Isle of Man? I used to go during my teens mainly to watch the late great Mike Hailwood race...A fabulous experience for any race fan.

Wow, very cool!

I used to read all about that race as a teenager, and dream about one day traveling all the back roads of Europe on a BMW.

• Like 1

Moray have you ever gone to the Isle of Man? I used to go during my teens mainly to watch the late great Mike Hailwood race...A fabulous experience for any race fan.

No I have been to Brittan but not to the Isle of Man, it is a beautiful and would be well worth the visit. Best regards Moray James.

Wow, very cool!

I used to read all about that race as a teenager, and dream about one day traveling all the back roads of Europe on a BMW.

Yes it was a cool time, we had The Beatles, Cassius Clay, Mike Hailwood, and the Apollo Program that sent men to the moon. Mike Hailwood in particular was a special kind of man, and was a hero to many of us bike crazy Brits. Later in life he was to prove just what a man he was, and truly earn the accolade "hero". If you don't know of him his story is well worth reading, his on track battles with the equally talented Giacomo Agostini are legendary.

No I have been to Brittan but not to the Isle of Man, it is a beautiful and would be well worth the visit. Best regards Moray James.

Yes it is a beautiful place Moray, of course it was simpler times back then, we grabbed a tent and sleeping bag, rode onto the ferry to the IoM, found a farmers field and that was it. Our bikes were unreliable, though my "Ariel Golden Arrow" proved itself to be a lot more reliable than most. It was great to be able to ride around the same roads as our heroes were going to race on, but at nowhere near their speeds of course. It takes some real balls to race that circuit, especially back then. There have been plenty of racers who have not returned form the T/T races, solid rock walls are not very forgiving. A lot of the well known riders would not compete there, and I sure don't blame them, it was a death wish at that time. Edited by oldenough