Into every life some rain must fall(or smoke must blow)

babadono

So I'm setting up my HT on Thanksgiving, inserting my mixer between the preamp out and power amp in so I can adjust the levels of the channels on the fly. All is going well until well into the second half of the Dallas /Philly game. Then all of sudden pop and no sound. The power amp shut itself off. I open the door to the cabinet and my it is warm in there. Then I remember a few days earlier while noticing the cooling fans were running even though no equipment was on I unplugged the fans. Duh, I forgot to plug them back in! So I try to recycle the power to the amp and smoke and a small self extinguishing(thank God) flame is all I get.

I'm bummed that I was so stupid.

In electrical engineering school we always used to joke that electronics were manufactured with a certain amount of smoke included as a safety device. So if you ever "release the smoke", not to worry, you just enacted the safety precautions that smarter engineers than yourself included. ;)

• Like 1

Spoke with Emotiva(it's a Sherbourn power amp) on Monday. There sending me a replacement shipping carton and going to honor their warranty (of course). Emotiva is good folks.

Hey Bhenry----- how's life in Royal Oak? Born and raised there myself. When I come to visit someday  I'll want to check out your rig.